Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black 06 Z06 and have read that it is extremely easy to lower them. Has anyone done it? I was thinking about just doing it for shows, not for everyday driving. Let me know guys thanks.- jay

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is very easy to do.All you do is turn the bolts at the end of the leaf springs.You will get about a 3/4 to a 1 inch drop.Just to lower it for shows is not worth it due to once you lower it youwill have to have it aligned so going back and forth is not worth it.I slammed mine very low by cutting the bushings.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah very good point on the aligment...thanks for the tip man...how does it ride since you have lowered it?...and are you scraping often?

·
Registered
95 Posts
jrspence said:
ah very good point on the aligment...thanks for the tip man...how does it ride since you have lowered it?...and are you scraping often?
Having it very low with the bushing cut I barely notice a difference....This is to me.The roads here are fairly smooth so with that and some common sense driving I do not hit or scrape anything so far.

·
Registered
95 Posts
corvette17 said:
Gary did you lower it yourself or did you have someone do it for you, im dropping mine and breathless performance is going to being doing it for me.
Actually I had one of my buds at the dealership do it for me cause to get the bushings out it was a bitch...but just to lower it by just turning the bolts anyone can do it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gary you have any pics you could post up your car? i like to see what it looks like lowered

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks a lot for all the help Gary... the lowering gives it an even more aggressive stance and that looks amazing man, beautiful Z06, thanks again

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
holy ****, the Z looks menacing to begin with, but that lowered Z is just plain evil lookin..

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
is that ur T/A also? alsome if so:D
cool vette 2:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Beautifull drop!! So if i lower mine all the way without cutting the bushing.. Do i have to align it after that and how will it handle compared to stock.. better or the same?

Thanx
Zane...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Beautifull drop!! So if i lower mine all the way without cutting the bushing.. Do i have to align it after that and how will it handle compared to stock.. better or the same?

Thanx
Zane...
Thanks guys.....I aligned mine and it was out.I would suggest to have it aligned or checked after lowering it.Remember these tires are not cheap.So spending about $100 is very cheap insurance.The handling pretty much seemed the same to me except the car was a little more responsive and a ever slight increase in the harshness of the ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts