Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with a lowering kit only being 39.99 vs the couple hundred ive spent on previous cars suddenly i feel like an idiot not to buy it. Question is this i have 17x11 with 315 in the rear of the car, and i do poke out of the rear fenders a little, if i lower the car will i have to worry about the tires hitting the fenders over a serious bump?
If any of you guys have your c4 lowered with 17x11's has this happened to you? The kit is so cheap, and the job looks alot easier then previous ones ive done, im all for it just not for splitting a fiberglass fender.
Secondly the shocks have been replaced with KYB gas-adjust (generic replacement) do i have to upgrade these to handle the lowering, i know on previous cars when i replaced the coil springs it was a must to control bounce.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hello, I lowered my C-4 a few months ago and did not replace my shocks. I also got the $40.00 kit and it was not a bad job to do. I did get a hand a few times from my buddy and had someone to talk about what I was going to do, before I did something wrong :laughing:. The car looks better, and sits so low, it is kinda funny to see people climb out after sitting so low :rolling:. I don't think I can answer your questions about the back tire sizes. I can tell you that it is easy to adjust the rear height of the car once the kit is installed. You will be able to change it while it is on the ground, kinda nice. So if you want more height just turn a bolt and your done. I would say lower that thing and enjoy it's new look. :partyon:
Scott

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, what kind of "contact cement" did you use for applying the new wedges? Also how long did it take to cure before you could reinstall the spring? Did you separate the lower arm ball joint to remove the spring?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Nice, what kind of "contact cement" did you use for applying the new wedges? Also how long did it take to cure before you could reinstall the spring? Did you separate the lower arm ball joint to remove the spring?
Getting the spring out was the hardest part of the job. Yes, I separated as much of the suspension as I could just to get a clear shot at getting the spring out. I used weatherstripping silicone as the instructions with the kit recommended and let it sit over night. There are some good threads in the C-4 section that are just about spot on. The instructions that come with the kit are also a good tool. Them seam cover a few things that the threads don't cover due to the year of the car. Document your job and post a thread about the work. I don't think there is one with a late year C-4. Anymore questions just put them up here, I am sure one of us will be able to help :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts