Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a proper way to lower the front end of a 79? Don't want the ride quality to suffer.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,772 Posts
Sounds like you have new aftermarket springs? There are different rates will will affect height but a lot of guys end up cutting the coils to lower. If they are new they may not be positioned correctly in the spring pocket or if the front bushings were changed they might not be torqued with the body weight on them. I'd check these before replacing or removing the springs.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you have new aftermarket springs? There are different rates will will affect height but a lot of guys end up cutting the coils to lower. If they are new they may not be positioned correctly in the spring pocket or if the front bushings were changed they might not be torqued with the body weight on them. I'd check these before replacing or removing the springs.
I haven't done anything yet. I just got the car and it sits higher in the front than the back. I want to close the gap between the fender and the tire about 1 and a half to 2 inches.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Cut the springs, then heat and flatten remaining coil to render the coil inactive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts