Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your technical findings to this thread if you have done, or are doing a LS motor swap into your C3. Let's see your part numbers and mods for motor mounts, accessories, fuel pumps, exhaust, PCM/wiring, transmissions, exhaust...and other mods.

·
Registered
745 Posts
motor mounts--i got mine from dan at vetteworks cheapest ones available and nice product
wiring/pcm.-- i used 99 fbody harness ,wired up a couple grounds and a few hot wires and thats it.saved on a $500 harness
pcm--- i got from jesse at wait4meperformance,he set it up and provided the pcm for $150,fired up first try-now use efilive
transmission---700r4 had pcm programmed for 6 speed and made my own bracket to attach tv cable to throttle body
also used a crank adapter and 6 longer bolts for the flexplate(from the dealer also) to mount to my 700r4 convertor plus used a c5 flexplate and removed the splined adapter from it,so this way both bolt patterns are on it,one for 700/200 and older turbo 350/400's.
exhaust-hooker small block sidepipes,cut off flanges and reshaped and welded onto new ls1 flanges from the dealer.# 12480130 installed 2 02 sensors into sidepipes tubes heated.
fuel pump---first try used walbro 255 intank pump no baffles,ran it dry and burnt pump up,switched to frame mount(Holly) with 99 corvette fuel filter/regulator setup.
accessories---using all fbody brackets and such,no a/c as of yet

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Sorry for the momentary hijack 69MyWay, but inquiring minds..

Nitrovette- your post said "now use efilive
transmission---700r4 had pcm programmed for 6 speed and made my own bracket to attach tv cable to throttle body" IS that to mean that you enabled TCC lockup in 3rd and 4th, or ??? Another gear would be cool..

:cheers:

·
Registered
745 Posts
i have it wired for 3rd and 4th gear and when i hit the brake pedal itll come out of lockup when slowing down.
As far as the efilive i had the pcm programmed by jesse and now my brother gave me his version one of efilive so now i can do my own adjustments to the pcm,when i make my cam swap after the summer .

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I can't add a whole lot to this but I do have my engine mounts and they came from Dan at Vetteworks.

I also have my water neck and it came from CSR.

I did wind up buying me a set of LS6 heads for the Z06 factor. I am going to pick up an aluminum flywheel at some point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts