Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to the sight and now own a 70 convertable and i like to be different so im going to protour the car and lower it 18 inch wheels and a big output ls and i still like to run the m22 trans thats in it so if any one has help on headers oil pan motor mounts. anything will help

·
Registered
366 Posts
hi im new to the sight and now own a 70 convertable and i like to be different so im going to protour the car and lower it 18 inch wheels and a big output ls and i still like to run the m22 trans thats in it so if any one has help on headers oil pan motor mounts. anything will help
I'd recommend using either a 5 or 6-speed trans, but if you want to use the 4-speed that's been done also. There are some threads here on LS conversions and a giant one over on corvetteforum. There is a book available http://www.amazon.com/Swap-Engines-Almost-Anything-Design/dp/1932494812/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284085809&sr=8-1 that has a lot of useful information.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to use a stroked lq9 and run a carb. i have seen that book and didnt lnow if it would be any good but if a guy can get anything out of it it would be worth it. and a 5 speed with overdrive would be nice thanks

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
A tremek tko would be nice behind that engine.

I personally would always match the transmission to the engine, old small block transmissions are geared for the lower rpm iron engines of old.

A ls engine is a high reving engine so I would match the transmission accordingly.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Check out Speedhound for mounts, Z bar mount, and headers.
The 4 speed trans will work with a 621 BBC bell housing. Keisler has one with extra LS bolt hole and adjustable pivot. You'll also need a longer throwout bearing for correct geometry.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Check out Speedhound for mounts, Z bar mount, and headers.
The 4 speed trans will work with a 621 BBC bell housing. Keisler has one with extra LS bolt hole and adjustable pivot. You'll also need a longer throwout bearing for correct geometry.
Speedhound closed up shop. Contact Custom Image Corvettes. They are a vendor here.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts