Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all those that have put a LS in their c4... did you have any problems installing the 4l60e that was originally bolted to the LS engine?

I know there are some bellhousing thickness (front to rear of bellhousing) differences of the 4l60e vs. the original 700r4. Did you get to use the original driveshaft and the mount that goes back to the differential?

Im going to the "dark" side and going with the LSX 5.7L !!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Did you get to use the original driveshaft and the mount that goes back to the differential?
PATC makes an adapter to mount the 4 bolt Vette T700 / 4l60 tailshaft housing that mounts the C4 C Beam to the 6 bolt LSX 4L60E case

#6C4.
This adapter makes it possible to install a C4 Corvette tail housing with C-beam mount on a late model 4L60E transmission. This adapter is 1 9/16 inches long. Cost $214.00

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4l60e.htm

·
Registered
424 Posts
are there ANY other companies that make that adapter that you know of?

IMHO that price is rediculous for no more than what it. i have plenty of friends that are great with CAM software that i think could whip this thing up in just a couple hours.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
IMHO that price is rediculous for no more than what it.
:agree:

When I do a LSX swap I will use whatever comes with the trans and make a C Beam adapter like this one
( for a T56 in a C4 )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts