Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2001 C5, pretty much unmodified (Blackwing and a Corsa Indy catback and crossover). Someone told me that I could gain some HP/TQ with the LS1 edit (is that still what's done?). How much is typically charged for this service?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would like to know the same thing. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I would like to know too. When you get it done let us know...:D

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Still waiting for a reply do you have it tuned yet.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Still waiting for a reply do you have it tuned yet.
iburke, are you going to start a thread on how he didn't reply fast enough to your question?:laughing:

Jr.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
First of all you can gain from a tune. LS1edit, hptuners. I believe it doesn't matter. Pretty sure mine was an LS1edit though. I gained about 17RWHP and 16 RWTQ. Not to mention the stuff that gets turned off. Well worth it. I payed 500 for my first Dyno tune and then everyone after that is $250.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Hey 75GlassShark to the rescue. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Now if I could get an answer, lol. I need another tuner I think. No reply from Jeremy either.

Josh

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Hey 75GlassShark to the rescue. :thumbsup:

Just remember bierbelly this forum is for entertainment. We don't get paid to set here and answer question, Do We.:surprised ,,, Hey have I not been getting my check. :thud: Hey Patrick where's my check?:huh:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Thanks...what kind of stuff can they turn off?
He tuned out the TM stuff I had. When I'd take off hard it would kill my power with T/C on now it doesn't. The skipshift was eliminated without the hardware. Throttle responses greatly improved. If you got O/R exhaust you can have the AIR system and 02 sensors tuned out. Though I still get codes thrown for mine everytime I drive it. Fuel economy is slightly improved. Fan temps can be changed. A lot of different things. Automatics can have shift poitns changed(I think).

Josh

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
As opposed to LS1 edit go get a dyno tune. Sheriffd2 got over 13 RWHP from his. Things that can be turned off or changed are shift lights, rev limiter, shift points some of the better tuners can eliminate Torque mangement and that makes a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
As opposed to LS1 edit go get a dyno tune. Sheriffd2 got over 13 RWHP from his. Things that can be turned off or changed are shift lights, rev limiter, shift points some of the better tuners can eliminate Torque mangement and that makes a HUGE difference.
Forgot about a few of those. Thanks Raid.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Isn't LS1 edit just the program that they use to do a dyno tune?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Isn't LS1 edit just the program that they use to do a dyno tune?
If I'm not mistaken you can also get a stand alone tune without Dyno confirmation. Basically a mail ordered tune type deal. So yes, I think you are correct.

josh

1 - 20 of 28 Posts