Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here put an LS1 engine in an 81 corvette with either a manual or auto box?

Is it worth the hassle?

How much hassle is it?

All help appreciated because I am seriously going to go for it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
with all the computers and wiring and fabricating you would need to do I would never attempt it. I would redo the stock 350. so much can be done to that 350 without spending thousands on computers. JMI

·
Registered
745 Posts
with all the computers and wiring and fabricating you would need to do I would never attempt it. I would redo the stock 350. so much can be done to that 350 without spending thousands on computers. JMI
Your kidding right,plenty of us have done it,it was easier then when i installed my tuned port motor in it.If you have any questions feel free to ask theres enbough guyso n here that have done it or are doing it right now,look down a few post theres a discussion on it.
You can use a factory fbody harness and wiring it yourself a few hots a few grounds,wire up a relay for the electric fuel pump.
Fuel pump you can use a frame mounted one with a 99 corvette fuel filter regulator with one single line going to the front.Try and go with a firebird or camaro setup since the accessories,(alt.popwer steering pump etc...) fit better and the oil pan will fit better too.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Your kidding right,plenty of us have done it,it was easier then when i installed my tuned port motor in it.If you have any questions feel free to ask theres enbough guyso n here that have done it or are doing it right now,look down a few post theres a discussion on it.
no im not kidding i just think there is alot of work when so much could be done to that 350. theres a thread on here with a black c3 thats is just bad ass. and powerful. AGAIN IT WAS IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
But it really isnt that hard to do,and yes he can build up his 350 but when you can build a ls1 and get over 400 rwhp and idle great and get decent gas mileage at same time why not.And i do respect your oppinion but try and look at both sides also,dont scare him away from it if its something he wants to do too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
not trying to scare him away he just asked for opinions. I love leaving vettes as stock as possible. when i go to shows i always admire the stock clean well kept vettes, so the thought of buidling up the stock 350 is more attractive to me. besides makes it a sleeper. you can do anything with time and money. wish i could think of the guu that has the black c3 on here he has a video and damn thats a car!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.. I am not scared off as I wont be doing all the work.

Just wondering about the options, I am in the UK so gas mileage is a massive consideration. I love driving my car on long journeys but right now they way it is? It costs too much and motorway cruising is too slow or too high in the rev range.

I will be taking the car down to the garage in the next few weeks to talk to the owner and take it from there.

I just wanted to see pictures and hear from people who have done this. How much better the car went afterwards. How many problems were encountered and what to look out for.

Cheers Guys. :D

·
Registered
745 Posts
Go over to ls1tech.com and go into the conversion section,its guys who installed ls1/6/2/ or ls7 's in there cars a wealth of info over there .

·
Registered
115 Posts
spoogie916
Ok this is not a C3,but it looks good in there;
Saw it at this years CCCUK Nationals.

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
OMG, what a heart breaker, my very first car was a '60 vette, with black scoops, black interior....that blue LS1 just makes me shiver all over....

****ING COOL........gotta LOVE IT>>>>>

serious as Rowbuck.....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :devil: :devil: :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts