Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys on the LS1 where does the oil fill the filter. From the center then to the outside? Or from the out side to the center?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys on the LS1 where does the oil fill the filter. From the center then to the outside? Or from the out side to the center?
Ok just figured it out. The oil inlet to the filter is the outside holes and the outlet from the filter is the center of the filter.

·
Banned
591 Posts
Just curious....what are you trying to do ?:cheers:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious....what are you trying to do ?:cheers:
Today I learned a "don't do that to an LS1". I installed my oil pan with silicone and reused the old gasket which was rubber, no big deal. But when I looked up into he orifice for the oil filter I saw to much silicone in it and remove the silicone. Then remembering that there are two holes for the filters supply and return if the hole I removed the silicone from was the return then if the supply side has silicone in it the filter would catch it. But the hole I could not get to is the return side so it could break off and go into an oil galley. Long story short the pan is now removed and I ordered a new gasket. I'm staying away from the silicone for fear of engine damage.

·
Banned
591 Posts
gotcha

silicone can cause as many problems as it cures

I remember when GM tried to save money on valve cover gaskets and just used silicone alone from the factory :lookinup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts