Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to bring the HP of a 2002,350HP LS1 up to the HP of a 2002 ZO6? Can a cam, headers and intake and a tune do it? Im having such a hard time choosing between a Z car or a normal coupe, its killing me!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 99 coupe and I am making 370Hp at the flywheel off of a tune catback, and filter. I was told by a reputable shop that they cn put an LS6 intake, headers with a catted x-pipe, and a cam and I would make somewhere around 420-430Hp at the flywheel. and that was not a huge cam. If you are starting off with a 2002 you do not need the LS6 intake you will just need the cam and headers with a tune.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey its not too bad. I am making 392 to the wheels with a cam/ headers/ and intake about 470 to the flywheels at a 20%+/- drivetrain loss. I would consider a z if you plan on modding. At least you would have a good starting point. It cost me $$$ to get to where i am at now, and did all the work myself. I do have to say it is nice having the removalable top. Best of luck with your decision

·
Registered
706 Posts
I am making 400 to the wheels with my 2001 LS1 with just a cam & header swap (and a mild tune). There are lots of options with the LS1. Throw a set of heads on it and you will be making really good power.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could do all the work except the tune myself, so I guess that would save me some money. I like both the Z and the coupe looks, but man the removable roof is nice also. decisions decisions what to do??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Dude,
If you contact Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms) he will be able to give real hp #'s on proven combo's he has tuned across the country.
I think its fair to say he is one of the best tuners for the LS series engines
on this continent.
JMHO.
D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts