Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything has to be done in sequence to this 1985 Vette. I first made all the cuts and welding using a LS1 (junk motor) - and once it fit, I yanked it then went to paint and body. Now that the car is painted, I started out last night by installing the TCI shift kit. I have to make some other modes to my late model 4L60E C beam connector, paint that, install the trans and slip the sweet new TCI stall converter in place. After that, I will lower the LS2 into its new home and bolt it all down.

Pics to come.

I am still waiting on my accessory brackets and parts, so between now and then I will be hooking up the exhaust, fuel lines, and heater/radiator hoses. Once the accessories come, I'll get those on and run the new a/c lines....then....wiring, and VROOOOOOOM! Just in time to pay $6 a gallon for gas...baby!

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is in.

We took tons of pictures, but I was just pouring over them and realized they are all close ups of the engine in - so it is hard to realize it is sitting in a C4. I'll get some more shots today.

Using all stock accessory systems - which has delayed the project initially trying to figure out how to modify the car to use them.

I was prepared to cut the drive shaft as I wasn't 100% sure of my calculations. I should have more faith in myself, as the drive shaft popped right in with no issues.

Now, this baby is TIGHT between the engine cross member, hood, and trans tunnel. You would be surprised how much different a LS1,2 - etc, is than a L98 in terms of overall size.

Also, my test engine had the Vette batwing pan. This doesn't so it actually has more room around the bottom than the first one.

Jeff- thanks for the note. Looking forward to those next week!

I'll get some outdoor pics where you can get a real perspective of fit. Honestly, it looks factory in there. How scary is that? Also, I have a firm commitment to no bling-bling on this build - so I am sure that helps.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
That is awesome, more pics/vid clip!!!!

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
In your future I see some poor C6's whose in for a real surprise:rolling:

Can't wait to see this in person.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Now THAT, is a beautiful thing. I can't wait to see and hear some videos of that beast breathing.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
This is absolutely awesome!

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Progress Report:

1. I have the fuel lines figured out and am waiting on some parts via UPS this week to complete that.

2. Picked up radiator hoses today (have to search for other applications to make it work) - will wrap those up by Friday.

3. I need to find some 90 degree heater hose ends - then get those done.

4. a/c lines will be laid out this weekend.

5. Air intake/filter system on the drawing board.

Still waiting on the PCM and other sensors to put the wire harness together (It will be drive by wire).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts