Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is an LS2 Intake manifold and 90mm TB a direct bolt on to my LS1? Does it take any major modification to use, or relatively easy? Thanks guys!

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe someone can move this thread to the General/Technical section?? More viewers....

·
Registered
354 Posts
They are direct bolt on. However, the wiring harness and adapters are not the same.

The LS1 has the map sensor in the back of the intake where the LS2 is in the front. So, you need a wiring harness extension.

In addition, the LS2 TB has a different connector and thus you need a wiring adapter for it also.

Hope that helped.

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did notice that the TB for the LS2 is not cable operated. It is operated by electric motor. It also said... "It also eliminates the need for an idle air control motor, cruise control module and the "throttle relaxer" for traction control."
Does all that make it not possible to use on the LS1, or is it a very involved process to make it all work?
Also, where would I find the lengthened adapters for the sensors?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I did notice that the TB for the LS2 is not cable operated. It is operated by electric motor. It also said... "It also eliminates the need for an idle air control motor, cruise control module and the "throttle relaxer" for traction control."
Does all that make it not possible to use on the LS1, or is it a very involved process to make it all work?
Also, where would I find the lengthened adapters for the sensors?
I can't speak specifically for the LS1 - LS2 swap as I've only done an LS6 - LS2 swap. However, I was thinking that LS1 cars were throttle by wire also. I could be wrong.

I think I got all of my cables thru SDPC. I don't recall exactly as it has been a while since I bought the parts.

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may actually be right about the throttle by wire....I'll have to check. I haven't physically looked at it yet.
What is SDPC?

·
Registered
318 Posts
also the ls2 injectors are different. the ls2 are shorter and fatter, and have different connectors, thus you would be able to use the same fuel rails.

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also the ls2 injectors are different. the ls2 are shorter and fatter, and have different connectors, thus you would be able to use the same fuel rails.
So are you saying I would need to use LS2 injectors but the fuel rails can stay the same? Or do I have to change to LS2 fuel rails as well? Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
honestly, i would just use the ls1 TB with an adapted but at the price for all the adaptations why not just got with a fast intake and save yourself some money?

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
honestly, i would just use the ls1 TB with an adapted but at the price for all the adaptations why not just got with a fast intake and save yourself some money?
To tell you the truth I am in to factory looking racing applications! I understand the fast products are good, I am just after a factory look!
I have quite a few friends with different modified LS1 F-body cars who have the different aftermarket companies products all over the place....their cars are very fast, but everyone knows it just by looking at it! I am after a factory looking engine with plenty of extra power.
My plans are to buy a set of LG Headers and an LS2 intake manifold. I'm going to take my factory heads, the headers, and intake to a local professional shop and have the heads CNC port matched to the headers and intake... To go along with the porting job on the heads and the LS2 intake manifold i will put a 90MM LS2 throttle body on it. All of this combined with a new cam of course and some rear end gears and I will have a very quick car that appears to the eye to be factory....with the exception of headers!
This is what I'm after so I can kick some but and look stock doing it!

·
Registered
121 Posts
honestly, stay away from the fly by wire BS, its to much trouble, if anything find a way to convert it to the ls1's throttle linkage, you should be able to use the same plate from the ls2 tb and mount it on the ls1's shaft hopefully... either that or just use an adapter for the ls1 or ls6 tb

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wait.....now I'm confused... I can't go look at my car because it is in Phoenix right now.... Is the 1997 LS1 linkage a drive by wire or is it a cable operated unit?

·
Registered
121 Posts
ehh, it prolly is, sorry, haven't dealt with a c5 in years :(

still leaves me wondering if they send even close to the same signal, i doubt its plug and play but i guess the only way to know is to try it

·
Registered
318 Posts
the ls2 injector is larger in diamater and shorter, also the injector plug has a different connector than the ls1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts