Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a dyno sheet of a M6 trannied 08 that dyno'd 423/426 rwhp/tq with just a set of LG headers and a tune.....thats damn near Z06 land for torque. Throw in a cam, and this thing'll overtake a Z easily. I'm a bit upset now, as I have the "1st" gen C6, which I am afraid will become what the "1st" gen C4s were...scapegoats for ridicule. Yes, I have mods and yes I put 450/405 to the wheels and no it's nothing to snub your nose at, but.....geez.....those numbers are alluring....Heck, right out of the box, I saw an A6 LS3 turn higher numbers by +30/30 rwhp/tq than my car when it was stock. Just grousing, hope you guys understand. :spanked:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I understand and feel your pain, but those numbers were without a tune.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79300
Even more painfull,(NO tune just longtubes NO cats, & CAI charger) I've heard they have a bigger throttle body (perhaps we can buy it from the parts counter?) & from reading----- the real power comes basically from a mild heads/cam package besides the small increase in cubes, I bet if they change to an aftermarket set-up swap (heads/cam)it will level the playing field quite a bit, just as if we could utilize there new heads/cam prolly = close to same results in power? food for thought? wonder how much GM will charge 4 these cam/heads/TB ?? if cheap & compatible I'm all in as they say in Poker!:thumbsup:

But this all does make me verrry ill throwing in such a power upgrade after only 3 yrs! the LG header gains are quite lofty though (nearly 50 rwhp!!) & the graph especially the torque isn't table top flat like our LS2's?? what's up w/that?

I love it none the less, and can't wait for some 1/4 mile #'s!!!!!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts