Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be pulling the LS6 manifold off my car in a few weeks. Are the 8 gaskets OK to be reused? This is the first time the manifold will be off the car.

If it's even questionable I will be getting new gaskets ;)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Pulled my manifold off less than 1000 miles ago, roughly at 17K miles. I had already purchased new gaskets in preparation for the mods, so I used them. Did I need too?? OEM gaskets were like new and pliable. But with the manifold off, I wanted everything new and clean. Never know when I will be inside there again. Cheap insurance for a car driven with a purpose.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Removed my manifold dozens of times, always re-used the stock gaskets and that's with 20+ lbs. of boost.
I'm sure yours will be fine.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
As cheap as they are, why wouldn't you replace them just for the insurance? I mean, who knows what condition yours are in. :huh:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As cheap as they are, why wouldn't you replace them just for the insurance? I mean, who knows what condition yours are in. :huh:
That's the route I plan on taking, just collecting some opinions :thumbsup:

Just wanted to make sure that if something came up and I couldn't get the gaskets that I had the option to re-use.

4DRush: Send me over your blower so I can make sure the manifold is properly sealed :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts