Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find theres a ticking sound is that normal or ? I will post a sound clip later today

Thanks !
Francois G

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
That is a normal sound for the LS-6. It is a race car you know. :laughing:

~Jim
:agree: It's the valve train.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ticking

I knew that it was normal. ( yeah, right). :bang
I feel better now, I was worried because I all I could hear was the dollar sounds ticking by.
Thanks, Bob

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I bought my car with 9500 mi and currently have 52k. Its always been there on mine. Chevy dealer told me it was normal along with the small oil consumption.

Post #5 of this thread.

Moore-rb knows his stuff when it comes to the C5.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Your car only ticks?

I'd love your car! Mine makes more crazy sounds then newlyweds in a cheap motel on a magic-fingers bed.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Mine did,they said it was the fuel injectors:huh:

·
Registered
146 Posts
ticking sound

JJWVETTE,
did you replace you injectors and if so did the ticking go away?

My 84 with the crossfire engine ticked like a time bomb. Thank God the rearend went out and I sold it.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
It sounds like the valve train as the new disc injectors are pretty quiet and you can check this (valve or injector) with a stethoscope: careful the first time as you will think the first one is it. If it is an injector or rocker you will REALLY notice it as you work your way across the top of the injectors and valve cover.

It could also be piston slap, mine does that, and I notice it the most not so much at idle as I do with light acceleration at about 22-3000 rpms: sounds like either a lifter or spark knock. It's slap and is harmless.

Just hammer hell out of it: that is what it was made for and if it breaks they gotta' fix the thing . .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts