Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I recently posted asking about Lingenfelter mods and other goodies but I've come across an offer for a brand new LS7 that is RIDICULOUSLY cheap. It comes with a cam and wiring harness as well. So now I need the experts to tell me if this motor is gonna be able to fit under my hood (C5 Vert) and what all I need to make it work.

Even if I can't put this motor in my C5 I'm still buying it and reselling because I could make enough money off this thing to build just about any NA setup. Thanks in advance,

Adam

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
OK, I recently posted asking about Lingenfelter mods and other goodies but I've come across an offer for a brand new LS7 that is RIDICULOUSLY cheap. It comes with a cam and wiring harness as well. So now I need the experts to tell me if this motor is gonna be able to fit under my hood (C5 Vert) and what all I need to make it work.

Even if I can't put this motor in my C5 I'm still buying it and reselling because I could make enough money off this thing to build just about any NA setup. Thanks in advance,

Adam
Dude, it's a sbc. It'll fit in your vert. You'll need to set up a dry sump oiling system, new PCM to run it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
You lucky bastard:laughing:
It should fit no problems. Listen to Spider, knows what he is talking about.

Josh

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, what PCM exactly do I get? I'm completely lost when it comes to wiring and computer mods, other than using LS1 Edit, I couldn't tell you what else I'm gonna be using to tune this thing. I just know I'm dropping it in once I purchase it and I need to get er' tuned asap afterwards. Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
ok, what PCM exactly do I get? I'm completely lost when it comes to wiring and computer mods, other than using LS1 Edit, I couldn't tell you what else I'm gonna be using to tune this thing. I just know I'm dropping it in once I purchase it and I need to get er' tuned asap afterwards. Thanks
A C6 Z PCM is what is required to control this beast Bro :thumbsup:

·
Registered
292 Posts
any other ls7's around there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would also post on Z06vette.com. There have been numerous posts about using the LS7 in our cars. Good luck and keep us posted. Hope this helps.:smack

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've come across an offer for a brand new LS7 that is RIDICULOUSLY cheap.
Oh sure, rub it in. :laughing:

I think a NA LS7 would be a great package in a C5. I know a couple of guys running LS7's in their C5's. I couldn't advise on the wiring stuff though..

You might want to run a search on LS1Tech..

Good luck on your project.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Adam
Go here,

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1705010

1 - 9 of 9 Posts