Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start off by introducing myself. My name is Matthew Yonke and I am from Missouri, I bought my first corvette when I was 16 and it was a white 76 corvette with the l48. Arguably the most pathetic v8 engine I have ever driven. Then recently I am now 19 and got another 76 red stingray. It had the l82 engine but still wasn't enough. Which brings us to where I am now. I am making the build thread half way through and doing all the work myself, have any questions feel free to ask away!

Build:

Borg s400 76mm 1.32 AR turbo
Custom Fab work from BDRC
air to air intercooler
New 6.0 short block
built 317 heads
btr springs
ls6 intake
MS3 pro
80lb injectors - e85
dual 044 fuel pumps
areomotive regulator
Built 2000hp capable th400 with pro brake
PTC shelf turbo converter
Built IRS
Custom axles
Stock rims
275/60-20 MT radial
Kirkey pro street seats
precision race shifter
full 10 point cage
2 core radiator
truck accessories
92mm Tb

July 29th - Purchase date

Picked it up in St. Louis from a 1 car owned who was now paying for his grandsons college. It only had 30k miles!

August 3rd - 350 gets pulled!

We completed pulling the engine in about 4 hours, Radiators hoses/fan shroud took up more time than wanted.

August 8th - Interior gets stripped down

I wanted to inspect the floor boards, treat rust, also fix a fiberglass crack.

September 7th - Engine bay got painted

Since I was installing just a beauty of a motor I couldnt have it in a dusty old engine bay right?!

December 5th - Engine assembly

I received the brand new 6.0 lq9 short block from gm performance all balanced and assembled. I am pairing it with machined 317 heads with btr springs, muscle car oil swap pan, Holley high ram, and truck accessories.

December 30th - Lsx install

I install it with motor mounts that put the lsx in the sbc location so I can retain my th400 mount locations.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May need to stud the heads down the road too.
Boost can lift the heads up literally with stock head bolts on Chevies.
I have arp hardware everywhere, we actually got test results on the strength of arp bolts to studs and it was very minimal.

Also the Holley dominator will be monitor each cylinder and has a lean condition safety shut off.

I know around 10 guys running over 1000hp on stock 6.0s for over a year, some at 5 years!

Also correct, no body modification besides cutting the hood.

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
I have arp hardware everywhere, we actually got test results on the strength of arp bolts to studs and it was very minimal.

Also the Holley dominator will be monitor each cylinder and has a lean condition safety shut off.

I know around 10 guys running over 1000hp on stock 6.0s for over a year, some at 5 years!

Also correct, no body modification besides cutting the hood.
All of us are Famiar with Yellow Bullet Drag Racing Forum.
Grumpys Performance too.

I been around a while..
8-Second ET Joliet 5.0 stangs.
32 psi Boost.

160 mph trap speeds.

We like Drag Racing a few of us. My self included.

Best way is to real world test.
Head gaskets and rest of engine don't blow.
Entire Drivetrain Reliable after 500 full power passes.
No failures.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Another St Louis LSx C3? there goes the neighborhood :laughing: Nice build.
How's that muscle car pan work? I used a C5 wing pan in mine, lots of ground clearance.
Btw, where are you located in MO?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another St Louis LSx C3? there goes the neighborhood :laughing: Nice build.
How's that muscle car pan work? I used a C5 wing pan in mine, lots of ground clearance.
Btw, where are you located in MO?
The muscle car pan clear everything just fine! Ill be pulling the motor again this weekend to weld on the -10 an drain fitting and swap out to solid motor mounts.

I am located in Springfield, MO

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You have my attention! So much for worrying about hot rodding carrying on with the younger generation!! Not every kid is driving an import with a fart can exhaust. Well done Kevin:thumbsup:
Its funny you mention that lol

First my name is Matthew but close :p

Second my first car I built was a 2002 vw jetta. It was the 1.8t awp with a big turbo kit running around 425hp. It was a very clean build but still not these glorious muscle cars :thumbsup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Any chance you'll be done for the Magic Dragon car show at LOTO?
We generally have more than a few StL C3s there.

The muscle car pan clear everything just fine! Ill be pulling the motor again this weekend to weld on the -10 an drain fitting and swap out to solid motor mounts.

I am located in Springfield, MO

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any chance you'll be done for the Magic Dragon car show at LOTO?
We generally have more than a few StL C3s there.
I have planned on finishing the car around spring of 2016. It will be a drag week car so all the shows out of state will be no problem to attend and drive it there.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts