Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the car now for almsot three years but just never had the time to do the research, She has 82k and is an automatic.
Previous owner who had it and said he always had to keep the climate control set to auto and at 70. If it's not on auto, the temp shoots up fairly quickly.
When left on auto at 70, it can idle all you want and the temp sits at 180 give or take a few without issue even on a hot summer day.
If it helps, both the AC and Heat work well as do all of the fan speeds.
I am not sure if its a thermostat issue, or if there is a relay issue maybe? I know the car is getting there age wise and things need to be changed so I just wanted to know if anyone had the same issue and what fix did they use? Also, please let me know if you know of any other common red flags in regards to the fans and cooling that I can get a head start on?
Again, I am not really sure of what components there are between the climate control and the fans so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys (y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am guessing electric then ? I have been helping a friend with his 86 which is electric.
Make sure your fan is coming on when AC is off. If a thermostat issue would think you would have overheating all the time.
What year is this ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s a 92 LT1. the ac does blow hot or cold depending on what I have it set to of course, but unless it is set to auto, the temp will rise. It’s the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Sitting static,climate control off,temp will rise to 228 deg on the digital gauge,fan kicks on, temp will drop to 215 then fan turns off.Thats the bone stock factory setting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts