Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
War Machine said:
Hi All,

I'm looking this up for a friend and can't find anything. Is there such a thing? All I can find is systems that bolt up to the cats. He also perfers to have the LT1 style tips.

Thanks,
-John
John,

what exactly are you looking for? Not sure what you want byt he description you have..

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
-=Jeff=-, the guy is looking for an exhuast system that will bolt up to the manifolds for his 95. He doesn't want the cats, he wants a manifold-back. All I can find are cat-back systems, none that go to the mainifold like you can find for the 84-91 like this:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Okay, I thought that is what you meant btu I was not sure.

Anything for that App is going to be custom. Most guys just buy an gut a set of used cats and achieve the same thing. Depending on the situation for emissions I would just install long tubes and tie them into the existing Cat-back on the car without cats.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jeff,

I was going to make the suggestion to him on gutting the cats since I came up empty handed and, he wants to retain the stock appearance so headers are out of the question. I don't know if he wants to have anything custom made, he was looking for a complete kit.

Thanks again! :cheers:

·
Registered
135 Posts
John unfortunately there is nothing available, believe me I've looked.
The best thing to do since he is ditching the cats anyway would be to run long tubes like Jeff said. Otherwise I would go to someplace like FLP exhaust in Naperville and have a set of custom pipes made up to replace the cats.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If he is gonna spend the $$$ for a custom setup he may as well purchase some long tube headers, the performance will be much better not to mention the look. www.exoticmuscle.com or www.tpis.com both have long tube headers availible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts