Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. My name is Bob. I don't own a corvette yet but I hope to within the next couple of years. I had a 95 Z28 with the LT1 and I found that AC Delco parts worked best. After I got rid of the over oiled K&N filter that ruined my MAF the car ran better, made more power, and got better milage.

I bought the car with 53k miles on it and over the next few years and 50K miles found that all the snake oil filters and plugs and other gimmiks don't work and often can screw thing up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oiled K&N ???

I may be new to this LT-1 stuff. But since when do you oil a K&N air filter? Now don't be makin' fun of me either...:spanked:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about changing out my stock filter to the SLP triple. They claim up to 20 additional horse power. I don't know if I believe that. But it should breath a little better.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about changing out my stock filter to the SLP triple. They claim up to 20 additional horse power. I don't know if I believe that. But it should breath a little better.
I got the SLP intake for my vette. I didnt notice much of a difference. A lot of the people here have told me that it really doesn't make much more of a difference than a regular K&N Filter. From what I have read it has the same surface area so I'm guessing that means same amount of air coming in. It is heavier though I didn't think the SLP intake would be too heavy.

but then again it looks super cool. All my friends love seeing it and they have never seen a triple air intake......:cool:

I got it and love the way it looks...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
We had a saying when I was just getting started with cars, "if it don't go chrome it". In this case they all GO! I guess some add-ons are just meant for eye appeal.

·
Daily News
2,373 Posts
I have not used the Bosch plugs in my LT1 but I really like the NGK TR-55 Double Platinums. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I installed the NGK TR-55 V-Power plugs in my '93 LT1. No problems. Don't forget to put anti-seize on the spark plug threads when you install your new set. Enjoy!

·
Daily News
2,373 Posts
If your O.E.M. wires have more than 60,000 miles on 'em they're likely on their way out and should be replaced, too.

Ditto for the wire holders/separators. They get brittle from the engine heat and crack, break, etc... :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts