Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'96 Collector Edition LT-4 Z-51. BPP: Vortex Ram Air, 1000cfm MAF ends, adj. fuel reg. and 160 stat. Airfoil, B&M Ripper Shifter w/ modified T-handle, Hooker Ceramic Headers, Corsa Exhaust, Dynoed @ 370HP

I'm not sure if it's crank HP or RWHP.

If it's crank, then he'd be doing 315 RWHP, which is way low for that combo, considering LT4's start at 300 RWHP on the dyno.

So... can someone get 370 RWHP (435 HP at the crank) from those mods?:huh:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
those same mods on a C5 would be about 385hp.
if they put the stock MAS back on that package and retuned with LT1 edit?(is that what you use to tune LT4s?)they could probably squeeze a few more out.dynos are like race tracks,they can vary.i would say 385 sounds better.:smokin:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
hard to say pat.....chevy rated them at 330 from the factory.....so 370 doesn't seem to hard to believe...its a stretch but thats also crank hp...i find it hard to believe that headders, mufflers, MAF and the other mods he's done would boost output by 105 hp...but then agian chevy underated that motor....

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
your almost at 370 with the Hotcam...pat i'd call BS on the CE you posted about

·
Registered
336 Posts
There is no way in holy hell that you could get 370rwhp out of those mods on that car, that would certainly be crank HP, I would guess that 310-325 rwhp would be pretty accurate for those mods, the shorty headers dont help much, the MAF ends also do very little if anything. My car made 369 HP at the wheels last time it was on the rollers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts