Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of lt4 heads I am looking to install along with an lt4 intake.. I may possibly be using a comp cams, extreeme energy 306 cam and I needed to know what kind of valve springs I should use and hopefully without having to machine the heads. I have heard the stock valve springs on the lt4 will not hold up to the cam being it has .510/.540 lift and I am using the lt4 1.6 ratio rockers... Any suggestions on valve springs/retainers would be appreciated.
-Rick

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by -=Jeff=- ...<br>
Get springs and retainers that the Cam company recommends for their cam that you decide on<br>
Yea your right... I was just being impatient and wanting to spend less money and not have to have the heads machined to accept the larger manufacturer recomended springs.. but I talked to my machine shop and I have decided I will be sending this cam back and getting a little less agressive one along with new springs ect, and sending the heads out..
-Rick

·
Registered
21 Posts
My first reply over here......

I have personally heard and seen folks use the stock LT4 valvetrain with the GM Hot Cam which has lift figures , with 1.6 rr's -which are stock on LT4's, of .525/.525 and have no problems. Supposedly the LT4's were designed to bolt that cam straight in ......

However , I would recommend ALWAYS exceeding the peak cam lift number with a spring combo capable of .05 or more OVER the peak lift number before coil bind. In this case a spring capable of .575 at least. This would ensure reliability and performance and peace of mind.

Hope that helps......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts