Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally made it to South Shore Buick last Friday and took a bunch of pics of a 2007 Lucerne in 89U Crystal Red Tintcoat. These cars are very hard to find. Here you go:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157600382822167/

If you notice any orange cast in the images, it is due to my Olympus' CCD. The Crystal Red simply looks red in person with no orange components. The metal flake in the paint appears gold under the tintcoat. From some angles, the color actually looks like a darker shade of a non-metallic red (in comparison to VR). When you see it straight on, the metal flake really shows up.

I got an allocation at my dealer for a Crystal Red 08 that he just received late Friday (only apparent constraint for these few released allocations this week was the 4LT). My order has been submitted and I'll know for sure this coming Tuesday that it has processed successfully. The TPW looks like the week of 7/23 (I should know for sure on Tuesday). I've got the following on order:

Coupe w/MN6 Transmission
89U Crystal Red Tintcoat
3LT
Z51
NPP Dual Mode Exhaust
846 Two Tone Titanium
QG7 Forged Polished Wheels
C2L Dual Roofs
NE1 Emissions

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Congrats. I'm anxious to see this new color on a Vette.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to DC! I look forward to seeing what this color looks like on your Vette! :thumbsup:
Thanks! Due to the chrome, body side moldings, and other stuff on the Lucerne, its hard to map the color to a Vette in your mind when you actually see the Buick. My guess is it will be quite similar to the Magnetic Red Metallic II on the '05s.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Looks like you got all the good options! SWEET!:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts