Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody here have any instructions on how to adjust the lumbar support?
I think I'm hurting my back more than I'm helping it with my settings

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
lt1vert said:
anybody here have any instructions on how to adjust the lumbar support?
I think I'm hurting my back more than I'm helping it with my settings
The best thing to do is to return them all back to normal, or "flat" ... "un-inflated".

Then, adjust the height of your seat (vertically up and down).

Then adjust the tilt of the seat base (leaning forward, or back).

Then use the little plastic release on the side of the seat to adjust the position of the seat back.

Once you are comfortable, you can play with the lumbar settings. But, you should only use the lumbar for "subtle" adjustments.

If you have to really inflate the hell out of those things, or you are still uncomfortable, your seat overall is not adjusted right, and you should start over.

My seat is perfect!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
hey Patrick,
do the 96/G.S. have a memory package?my seat is very fine tuned also,but evey now and then the memory will erase itself.sucks because every time you turn off the car,the steering and seat move so it's easy to get in and out.then when i get in i have to reset the seat settings.it seems like it happens exactly once a month.strange....:smokin:

·
Registered
335 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
my seat is very fine tuned also,but evey now and then the memory will erase itself.sucks because every time you turn off the car,the steering and seat move so it's easy to get in and out.then when i get in i have to reset the seat settings.it seems like it happens exactly once a month.strange....:smokin:
I have the same memory problems h-5-lo. It works great most of the time. But every now and then, I put the key in and my knee's get smashed up against the dash. Then my settings are no where to be found....:spanked:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Lumbar support adjustments

Patrick96LT4 said:
Then use the little plastic release on the side of the seat to adjust the position of the seat back.
I thought that lever did the same thing as the one behind the headrest to fold the seat forward.

I yanked it while driving today and was very pleased to find out that I could recline the seat back more. :thumbsup:

I thought I could only adjust the seat back with the power seat controls. Duh.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Lumbar support adjustments

lt1vert said:
I thought that lever did the same thing as the one behind the headrest to fold the seat forward.

I yanked it while driving today and was very pleased to find out that I could recline the seat back more. :thumbsup:

I thought I could only adjust the seat back with the power seat controls. Duh.
AWESOME! You'll be much happier now.... :excited:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
basecorvette said:
I have the same memory problems h-5-lo. It works great most of the time. But every now and then, I put the key in and my knee's get smashed up against the dash. Then my settings are no where to be found....:spanked:
i haven't talked to the dealer yet,but a vette tech told me something like this-in 2002 the "updated"C-5 program came out,it has a lot of changes idle,tranny stuff,knock sensitivity,and memory package changes,it's like $85 dollars to go in and have the new program loaded.
the down side is,if you ever installed a hand held programmer (hyper tech-predator etc.)you can not upload the new C-5 program.i never thought the hand helds did anything anyway,other than,fans and auto trans.i think this is the 3rd C-5 program,your is different than mine-i believe,one other problem i have is,if you open the door before the ignition is turned off,that too will erase memory....:smokin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts