1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy

Click to watch Video

M6 at TWS

Want to see how fast a 6 Series BMW really is? Come inside.

:cheers:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updated to replace Putfile vid.

All my putfile videos went away when e-baum took them over.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
looks like the C5 said bye bye:D :D

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Not sure what I learned from that. It was being driven kind of 'lazy' I thought. I guess it's hard to tell from the video. :huh:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like the C5 said bye bye:D :D
Yeah, we were having fun until that slow ass M6 got between us before the "no passing" area of the track. By the time I worked by him the C5 was 1/2 a lap ahead.

The vert is slower/heavier than than the coupe. At at 4500lbs with 500 hp and only 383lbs of torque at the crank, it was slow compared to 500 rwhp / 464 rwtq of my 3200lb C6 Coupe.

The lightweight coupe is 600lbs lighter than the vert with the same hp/tq. Still no match for the C6 or C6 Z06.

The new M3 is another story. They are fast.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It crazy that the coupe is lighter than the vert both models are bricks. I smoked one a few years back. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Why is it crazy that the coupe is lighter then the convertible? Its the same way with corvettes...
Acutally the listed curb weight for my 01 vert is 2 lbs lighter than the 01 Z06.

But that was back when vettes had svelt manual tops

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Why is it crazy that the coupe is lighter then the convertible? Its the same way with corvettes...
I didn't know that... just figuered less of the car...less weight.
My bad.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I didn't know that... just figuered less of the car...less weight.
My bad.
Sound theory, but nowadays most Verts are power operated and all the mechanical components add weight.

·
Banned
28 Posts
M6 - I have seen them on the track and they are fast on a straight. Not so good in the twisty bits.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
M6 - I have seen them on the track and they are fast on a straight. Not so good in the twisty bits.
I found the AMGs much faster. The C55 AMG handled better and was almost as fast top. Lap times were mush better for the AMGs than the M6s

The new M3s are really well balanced and fast.

·
Banned
28 Posts
I found the AMGs much faster. The C55 AMG handled better and was almost as fast top. Lap times were mush better for the AMGs than the M6s

The new M3s are really well balanced and fast.

I love AMG much better - but truly AMG / M-anything not really suited to the track - they be too heavy and in some cases (old M3s) underpowered. Not saying they are not fun on the track, but cars costing 1/4 as much will hand them their ass.

On the highway though they = heaven. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
What kind of times do recollect them having in the quarter?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts