Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me real quick before I place my order whether or not this comes with the quick release adaptor? If not is the adaptor necessary?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Can anyone tell me real quick before I place my order whether or not this comes with the quick release adaptor? If not is the adaptor necessary?
not sure....but dont forget your DC discount:thumbsup:

·
Registered
687 Posts
My kit included the adaptaer. It never hurts to ask just to be sure though

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yes it comes with the adapter. I just checked their web site, and found it listed in the Kit you are talking about.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gents,

Thanks for all the replies, I ordered it and it should be here tomorrow. Have never used one before so I hope all those post that say it is easy are correct. Trying to decide whether or not I am going to test it on the truck prior to the vette!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more thought if anyone has any suggestions on how to get the best results please let me know. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
724 Posts
I stronger suggest that you do the plastic bag test. That is after you wash the car, get a plactic bag and put your hand in it and lightly run your fingers over the surface of the car. If you feel any littles bumps that feel like little pices of sand, clay bar the complete surface. I did my C5 coupe in about 30 minutes. If you don't and you simple use the PC with the machine polish and then the wax, you will not get the full affect of your work. Also I have no idea of what shape your paint is in. You may need to use tha swirl and haze remover and a more aggressive pad after the clay bar and before the polish.
I hope this helps. Also watch the video that comes with the kit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice, the vette is less than a year old and has always been garaged, except for the two week trip my parents took bringing it from NC to CA for me. Three cars only 2 drivers in the house, needed the truck to haul family pets and the trailer, Suburban to haul the family! Mom and Dad got the better ride! Car has a good coat of wax on it so I figured I would strip it down using dawn, clay it, and start over. Hoping I am on the right track all suggestions are welcome.

·
Supporting Vendor
243 Posts
Yes!! The quick-release adapter is included with the Machine Polishing Kit. Make sure when you get it home, to give the adapter an extra snug with the supplied wrench.

Thanks for your business!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track. Even though it is only a year old, it will most probably need to be clayed.
Post some pictures when your are done.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I used both the Machine Polish and the Machine Wax on my C6 this afternoon (after using a claybar on it). It looks marvelous, simply marvelous. No, I didn't take pictures yet. Part of the reason is because the instructions say you should wait 12 hours and then rub it out again. Also, I didn't take off the wheels to clean them, so I don't consider the job complete just yet. :thumbsup:

Now that I've used it on my already stunning C6, I'm going to try this on my daily driver. That'll test just how long this system lasts. Adam's claims this is the most durable system you can put on your ride. We'll be checking that out soon.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Yes it comes with the adapter. I just checked their web site, and found it listed in the Kit you are talking about.
:agree: Mine did,best money I ever spent:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts