Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few pics from how I spent my saturday afternoon, pulled the radiator and support, then yanked the motor so I had more room to work while I clean and repaint the engine bay, replace the wiring harness, swap out the th350 with a 2004-r and install the freshly powder coated control arms with poly bushings

Hope I meet my May 14th deadline that I gave myself

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Great work. I love progress threads with pics.

That engine going back in or something different?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great work. I love progress threads with pics.

That engine going back in or something different?
Same motor is going back in with a few changes, will be swapping out the cam with a Comp Thumpr Cam, changing out the heads for a set of World motown heads I had redone at the machine shop and will be swapping out the performer carb and intake with an Air Gap performer(2601) and a new Holley I just aqquired, the rest of the motor is still pretty solid (forged speed pro flat tops, SIR rods, and a eagle crank)

Will be taking alot of pics along the way of the entire process , the car was a Mega Bubba ride :laughing:when I got it but its slowly but surely coming along:thumbsup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks like a fun project! Sure like that fancy flex fan there! Never saw one like it.
About where in the Mitten are you located?
:cheers:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Jackson, the fan was made by Moroso bought it many years ago for another project that it never found its way on:laughing:

So what part of Michigan are you in?:cheers:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm in Jackson, the fan was made by Moroso bought it many years ago for another project that it never found its way on:laughing:

So what part of Michigan are you in?:cheers:
I'd like to see your underhood when she's all buttoned up! Update us with some pics! :D

I'm at the 'lower thumb-knuckle' near Richmond. Not far off one of the legendary cruisin' strips of Detroit called Gratiot Ave.
The car cruises in this part of the state are growing every year! There's the (now world famous) Woodward Dream Cruise, The Gratiot Cruise and many others.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to see your underhood when she's all buttoned up! Update us with some pics! :D

I'm at the 'lower thumb-knuckle' near Richmond. Not far off one of the legendary cruisin' strips of Detroit called Gratiot Ave.
The car cruises in this part of the state are growing every year! There's the (now world famous) Woodward Dream Cruise, The Gratiot Cruise and many others.
We do Woodward every year:thumbsup: will have to loook for you there this year .

Have you ever been to Turkeyville in Marshall Mich, May 15th will be their second all Corvette show , its in its infancy but has alot of support from several of the Corvette clubs (Jackson, Capital city, Kalamazoo and a couple others) I'm not affiliated with any of the clubs but will be trying my best to have Sinister buttoned up in time to make the show, if your interested I will post a link to info to the show

·
Registered
265 Posts
We do Woodward every year:thumbsup: will have to loook for you there this year .

Have you ever been to Turkeyville in Marshall Mich, May 15th will be their second all Corvette show , its in its infancy but has alot of support from several of the Corvette clubs (Jackson, Capital city, Kalamazoo and a couple others) I'm not affiliated with any of the clubs but will be trying my best to have Sinister buttoned up in time to make the show, if your interested I will post a link to info to the show
Nope, never been to Turkeyville. (the name makes me hungry tho..:laughing:) I'll see if can make it this year. Sounds like fun!
It's just unbelievable how many car show/cruises are happening every summer!
Glad to hear you attend Woodward Cruise! It's become a 2-3 day affair for me these days. It really winds up the week before.
PM me sometime, and I'll give ya my cell # if ya want to hook up on Woodward Cruise.
I'll show up on a random wk nite before, then the Friday & Sat of the main event!
It's a Gas!
I was looking for 73VetteGirl & her hubby last year. I quit cruisin and sat curbside, and Zoom...VetteGirl & hubby blew by me like they were on fire...:laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts