Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Congrats on your widebody.
Very Sharp.... Nice color

Nice to see that you went without the Z06 badges on the fenders.
Now it's time for some more HP to compliment your mods..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Dont get me wrong, that looks very cool. Definately well put together, but how much did it cost? And as someone suggested adding more horsepower, its just more money. To me it would just seems at a point it would cost as much to get a real z06.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cost

Dont get me wrong, that looks very cool. Definately well put together, but how much did it cost? And as someone suggested adding more horsepower, its just more money. To me it would just seems at a point it would cost as much to get a real z06.
Cost me about $9000 (after selling old parts $7500). If I would have traded my car for a Z, it would have been $40K plus give them my car and lose all of my added mods!!!.
My car is dynoed, Halltech Stinger, Corsa, Down South Vettes, Engine dress up, Z51 Sways etc etc.
Can't speed in Florida anyhow. Cops everywhere. Keeps me out of trouble

Charlie

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
chucky looks freakin awesome and has a removable top as well! we should buy some white coupes put the wide body kit on it and put a tacky red stripe on it and sell them for 100k. sorry shouldn't bust anyones chops on the RF edition on your kick ass post. great looking car!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GM cancelled the color for 2006. Shame on them. Do you know my son Bob (Hoffie on the other forum )? They go to Captree on Sundays for the car shows there. He lives in Wantaugh? They have about 50 vettes there in the good weather. I'm from Massapequa myself, but sold my business and moved to Fl 5 years ago. Did you notice my red white and blus emblems? My son will be selling them soon.

Charlie

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
chucky looks freakin awesome and has a removable top as well! we should buy some white coupes put the wide body kit on it and put a tacky red stripe on it and sell them for 100k. sorry shouldn't bust anyones chops on the RF edition on your kick ass post. great looking car!
Wouldn't be hard to do. I can do the rear fenders in 2.5 hours. Fronts (if pre painted in a day. Stripe another 2 hours and sell them for $20k premium. I know where to buy everything pre painted from a dealer. Only works on non metalic paint though. White, yellow, victory red, black.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Cost me about $9000 (after selling old parts $7500). If I would have traded my car for a Z, it would have been $40K plus give them my car and lose all of my added mods!!!.
My car is dynoed, Halltech Stinger, Corsa, Down South Vettes, Engine dress up, Z51 Sways etc etc.

Charlie
Very nice! My favorite color with wide-body treatment. I also live in Florida and agree about the Cops. Who did the work for you? Any recommendations?

Also kudos about keeping off Z06 badging. Perhaps some nice billet LS2 badging.

·
Banned
972 Posts
Looks awesome !!!!!!!!!!

Nice job

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts

Charlie
So you managed to get $1500 for the old parts? How did you sell them? Where can you buy the prepainted body panels? I have victory red and was considering the conversion as well. I have a friend that works at a dealer and he quoted me around $5200 in parts for the whole body conversion. Can the dealer supply them prepainted?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: That looks great. I seen two verts father and son last year done like that. both had 427 in them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.