Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to repair road dings and can not find a suitable touch up paint for Mag Red (86U). Been to House of Color and others. Can not afford to repaint whole car. Need help.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
airdale93 said:
I'm trying to repair road dings and can not find a suitable touch up paint for Mag Red (86U). Been to House of Color and others. Can not afford to repaint whole car. Need help.
Have you tried your dealer's parts department? If they don't have it in stock they can order it from the Zone warehouse and get it in 3-5 days.

Ray

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I have one more question, because my vette is a daily driver does anyone have info on the speed bra. I've seen the ads and the claims, but I'm concerned about paint damage. Thanks again.

1 more thing I'm a member of the flying top club.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
www.corvettemechanic.com
.....these are all G.M.(corvette mechanics) there is no better soarce for tech info.it's a new site.you'll see recognize some of the techs i'm sure.
i'd be interested in seeing someone touch up a 50th-some kinda paint never used on any auto in history.........:smokin:

·
Registered
662 Posts
airdale93 said:
Thanks for the info guys. I have one more question, because my vette is a daily driver does anyone have info on the speed bra. I've seen the ads and the claims, but I'm concerned about paint damage. Thanks again.

1 more thing I'm a member of the flying top club.
Oh yeah? Well I'm a member of the mile high club, and I earned my wings under IFR conditions, so there. :D

By "speed bra" do you mean the color-matched mask by Speed Lingerie? If so, I posted a monologue somewhere on here about my experience with mine (and the matching mirror covers). I can never find the things after I post them or I would supply a pointer (er, sorry, I'm a former programmer, they call them "links" these days). Maybe Parick can help you find it if you're interested. Nobody reads what I write but it's good rehab therapy for my fingers, damaged from years of self-abuse.

ADDENDUM: The post is at
DIGITALCORVETTES.COM > MAIN FORUMS > C5 Corvette Topics > Help, which bra to buy???

You can also go to my web site. I have photos there of the mask on the car. It wasn't cheap, but it works extremely well.

Ray

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I had one on my Sebring Silver 98 Coupe. A really GREAT purchase, I wholeheartedly advise it. i haven't bought one for my 03 yet...my birthday and Christmas are coming...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts