Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
96CERon said:
Has anyone tried out Magnaflow Mufflers on their LT4? Any issues?
No. I found much more fun in removing the mufflers entirely. Talk about making an LT4 growl!

I think went to Corsa's, but found out that although they were quieter than no mufflers... they sounded weak.

So, I gutted the cats, that with the new fuel filter and Corsas the car flies like a rocketship.

Check out this ....

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5286

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5285

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Re: Re: Magnaflow mufflers

Patrick96LT4 said:
No. I found much more fun in removing the mufflers entirely. Talk about making an LT4 growl!

I think went to Corsa's, but found out that although they were quieter than no mufflers... they sounded weak.

So, I gutted the cats, that with the new fuel filter and Corsas the car flies like a rocketship.

Hi Pat! Did you ever get a chance to post a sound file of the new exhaust?

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Re: Gutted cats

96CERon said:
Patrick,

Did you get any DTCs after you took out the guts?
I just recently got an SES light that comes and goes. I figure I need some O2 simulators or some PCM programming.

DAMN does it sound good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Emission inspection

I have to pass emission inspection, which I just did, which now consists of paying the local inpection bunch $27 and sitting in line for an hour and having them plug their computer system into my OBD II connector for all of 30 seconds. Agravating but still better than watching the idiots try to run the car on the rollers while sniffing the exhaust. Fun watching them kill the car 3 times before they shut off the "traction control." Anyway, sure would like to gut cats but worried that the front and rear O2 sensor will then generate DTCs for the emission guys to see???? What do you think?

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Re: Emission inspection

96CERon said:
I have to pass emission inspection, which I just did, which now consists of paying the local inpection bunch $27 and sitting in line for an hour and having them plug their computer system into my OBD II connector for all of 30 seconds. Agravating but still better than watching the idiots try to run the car on the rollers while sniffing the exhaust. Fun watching them kill the car 3 times before they shut off the "traction control." Anyway, sure would like to gut cats but worried that the front and rear O2 sensor will then generate DTCs for the emission guys to see???? What do you think?
The car won't pass as it is now, that's my guess. I plan to put in factory cats for testing, then put the gutted ones back in afterwards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Magnaflow Stainless Steel mufflers on my 1996. They look great. The only problem I have had to deal with is the resonance that annoys when I am driving around town (1500 RPM). I have put two layers of sound deadening material under the rear carpet which helped quite a bit, but it is still sometimes annoying. If I can't get this annoying resonance problem resolved I will be going back to stock mufflers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input. It was as I suspected. Have a friend who put on Flowmasters--the resonance would give you a headache. He replaced them with stock mufflers. Is there a crossover between the two tailpipes. I'm not sure how the resonator is configured. This might help if there is not one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts