Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How soon before this called "caused by man" too :laughing:

Seriously, I have never heard this being needed before ( I have been flying (right seat) on small aircraft with my father for over 30 years)

linky

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'm trying to figure out why it only affects Tampa. If the magnetic pole moves, wouldn't that affect every location? :huh:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to figure out why it only affects Tampa. If the magnetic pole moves, wouldn't that affect every location? :huh:
I'm thinking it effects anything south of Florida too (up to the equator) but there is nothing but water there that is still under operation of the US

Sort of like if you are off a fraction of a degree (angle) and you follow that angle for a great distance the off set is greater the farther away you travel from the origin :lookinup:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Magnetism is very weird, and does not behave in uniform and discrete ways like you might think. Especially with the interior of the Earth being liquid, and shifting around constantly.

My guess is that changes in magnetic fields could be regional as a result.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Who the hell travels with a compass any more.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Gosh, I wonder what effect this is going to have on Magnetic Ride Control?

:smack

Edit: The first time I posted it timed out. This site has becommee sloowoww.w....

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
:agree:

Serious slowness today. clock clock clock clock clock..... :thud:
I recently upgraded my membership and poof this site is super fast again.:thumbsup: Before that it was slow as hell.:thud:

As for magnetic shifts and all...who knows anymore.:huh: Wierd stuff happening all over the world, we are all doomed.:thud:

:laughing: I'm kidding, I think.:lookinup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I recently upgraded my membership and poof this site is super fast again.:thumbsup: Before that it was slow as hell.:thud:

As for magnetic shifts and all...who knows anymore.:huh: Wierd stuff happening all over the world, we are all doomed.:thud:

:laughing: I'm kidding, I think.:lookinup:

The End times are here Doe

Black birds fallin from the sky,

fish floatin to the top

Trouble in the middle east,

Magnetic fields en Flux and global warming:

you best be prepared for 2012 ,

At the end of the day sister

We all going back in the "Food Chain":nuts:

Bon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts