Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 convertible which I completely enjoy. I could use some guidance in 2 areas:

1) The car was purchased by me used with only about 1700mi on it. It now has about 3100mi on it. I checked the antifreeze and it still looks barnd new. Does it REALLY need to be changed now (I suspect it is the original antifreeze)?

2) The other day while driving the car, the heads up display lit up every bit of information it could (199mph, all turn signals on, etc) then it went blank. It's done this several times to me and I'm wondering if there might be a loose connection somewhere (but where?) or is the heads up display shot (God only knows how much that might cost to have replaced).

Any help you could provide would be appreciated!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have an '04 convertible which I completely enjoy. I could use some guidance in 2 areas:

1) The car was purchased by me used with only about 1700mi on it. It now has about 3100mi on it. I checked the antifreeze and it still looks barnd new. Does it REALLY need to be changed now (I suspect it is the original antifreeze)?

2) The other day while driving the car, the heads up display lit up every bit of information it could (199mph, all turn signals on, etc) then it went blank. It's done this several times to me and I'm wondering if there might be a loose connection somewhere (but where?) or is the heads up display shot (God only knows how much that might cost to have replaced).

Any help you could provide would be appreciated!:thumbsup:
I would say even though you dont really drive it most of the time id say every 4 years or so. the car is almost 7 years old now. As for your HUD it sounds like i would be looking for a short if its intermittent, i would start there first.

Im sure some of the other guys will chime in.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
The service manual states that you should change the coolant at 150,000 or every 60 months (which ever comes first).

As for the heads up display, if you were driving during the day and facing the sun, this illusion will sometimes occur. If it never happens at night, don't worry about it. There's nothing wrong.

Lastly, drive that thing. You can't take it with you and you can bet that someone else will drive the crap out of it after you croak. ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both replys.

And Junkman, you are on target...I am driving it MUCH more than the original owner did. The "trouble" is that I'm fortunate in that I own 3 Vettes and there's only so many hours in a day (and here in Denver the weather can be less than hospitable to Corvettes in the winter). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Thanks for both replys.

The "trouble" is that I'm fortunate in that I own 3 Vettes and there's only so many hours in a day (and here in Denver the weather can be less than hospitable to Corvettes in the winter). :thumbsup:
Oooo i feel so sorry for you having the problem of 3 vettes.:laughing: Nice enjoy them brother.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Thanks for both replys.

And Junkman, you are on target...I am driving it MUCH more than the original owner did. The "trouble" is that I'm fortunate in that I own 3 Vettes and there's only so many hours in a day (and here in Denver the weather can be less than hospitable to Corvettes in the winter). :thumbsup:
Ship the one that is neglected the most to me. I'll make it look like a mirror and ship it back to you with a measly 80K extra miles. Hell, it will just be broken in when I'm done! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts