Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ill b coming up on 5k miles, besides changing the oil/ checking fluids (nothing has needed topping off in the year of ownership) does anyone have a maintenance shedule as far as what should be done?

ive also been interested in getting a service manual to eliminate these repetive questions i have - id like something equal to what the dealer uses, where can i get one?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Check the vendors section for service manuals. GM parts direct, Fred Beans chevy, and also check your owners manual. I believe in continous inspections, there is nothing magic about each mile post, keep a continous series of maintenance inspections and your car will never let you down. get involved in your cars upkeep. thats my opinion. enjoy your car...:cheers:

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Always keep a list of oil changes tire changes and rotations any kind of major work i always keep a list for my own

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been doing that, i would just like a list like ive had for the other car in my house that says "at this time/ mileage inspect..."

im thinking of that haynes manual

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Got this from all data for 7500 miles

7500 MI or 12000 KM

Check
Coolant Notes
Check engine coolant fluid level and add fluid as needed.

Tires Notes
Check tires for inflation pressures and wear. If rotation is recommended for your vehicle, rotate tires.

Vehicle Notes
Visually check for any leaks or damage. A fluid loss in any vehicle system could indicate a problem. Have the system inspected and repaired and the fluid level checked. Add fluid if needed.

Washer Fluid Notes
Check windshield washer fluid level and add fluid as needed.

Inspect
Brakes and Traction Control Notes
Inspect Brake System. Visually inspect brake lines and hoses for proper hook-up, binding, leaks, cracks, chafing, etc. Inspect disc brake pads for wear and rotors for surface condition. Inspect other brake parts, including calipers, parking brake, etc.

Replace
Engine Oil Notes
Change engine oil and filter, or every 12 months whichever occurs first. Reset the oil life system.

Oil Filter, Engine Notes

Also, let me know if you have any of these symptoms

By Symptom Information

Abnormal/Uneven wear

Erratic Shifting
Noise
Vibration

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Got this from all data for 7500 miles

7500 MI or 12000 KM

Check
Coolant Notes

Tires Notes
Check tires for inflation pressures and wear. If rotation is recommended for your vehicle, rotate tires.

Vehicle Notes
Visually check for any leaks or damage. A fluid loss in any vehicle system could indicate a problem. Have the system inspected and repaired and the fluid level checked. Add fluid if needed.

Washer Fluid Notes

Inspect
Inspect Brake System. Visually inspect brake lines and hoses for proper hook-up, binding, leaks, cracks, chafing, etc. Inspect disc brake pads for wear and rotors for surface condition. Inspect other brake parts, including calipers, parking brake, etc.

Replace
Engine Oil Notes
Change engine oil and filter, or every 12 months whichever occurs first. Reset the oil life system.

Oil Filter, Engine Notes
very good to know that is a great list to follow

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
When i saw this i thought the same thing. :crazy:

And this is the severe schedule at 3000 miles :thumbsup:

Check
Coolant Notes

Tires Notes

Vehicle Notes

Washer Fluid Notes

Inspect

Replace
Engine Oil Notes

Oil Filter, Engine Notes

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
All data pro has all the info, plus recalls and other info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts