Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Make it tighter or lossing it up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let get started I got my New 357 engine rebuild bugs worked out.

I also have a new 700r4 trans in the car It shifts good during normal driving it has a Transgo shift kit in it not the full reprogramer one the step down from it.

The trans has all HD clucth stuff and a beast sunsheild in the trans also.

When on it hard it slips in to gear I was maunal shifting the car to see what it will do.
I was in 3rd passing a car about 3500 RPM it shifted it self into the next gear even with the shifter put in to 3rd gear still the issue was it went from 3500/4000 RPM's to 6000 RPM sliping the whole time before I got t o back out of it then it shifted in to High gear It was like some one push the clucth to the floor at 3500/400 RPMs then let it rev to 6000 RPM.

Question do make the TV tighter or lossing it to add more pressuer so it will not do this again.

I used the instruction that came with the Transgo shift kit to adjust the TV cable.

Like I said during normal driving works fine just when you on it hard it slips.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Unless you have a positive pressure valve body do not use the TV cable to adjust your shift points. THe trans relies on the TV cable for pressure to keep from burning up your trans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts