Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got some progress on this thing, seems like it goes very slowly
Got my intake on, plug wires built and dressed in on custom brackets with Taylor seperators. These serpentine brackets aren't going to work so I have to get some from a camaro, anyone got a set?
started getting the electricals under control, But its coming

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
6' that gold on black is really creative....looks really good....

I would have gone with DPFI of some type....carbs are ancient Egypt tech....

(watching a history ch show on ancient Egypt tombs)....eh...

but I wonder about the initial choice of other car tech on serp drive, when it is well known that C4 serp drive works well in a C3...bolt in....
sure the brackets are not pretty and all....but it fits...

I can't see any way to make those you have work, from the pix...

I see posts about March and other aftermarket pully set up as not being all that great either....

the C4 scrappage rate is rather high so parts should be available easy...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gene, I thought about the C4 stuff, but all I could find was way pricy. I got those pretty cheap, came off am 89 Suburban. Bolted right on, but as you can see they will interfere with the hood. I'll keep looking, If you run up on something let me know

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Gene, I thought about the C4 stuff, but all I could find was way pricy. I got those pretty cheap, came off am 89 Suburban. Bolted right on, but as you can see they will interfere with the hood. I'll keep looking, If you run up on something let me know
Got an old friend here in town with a vette junkyard/shop....send me a PM on monday so I don't forget to call him....I bet he has something....

hasn't failed me yet....:lookinup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
Isn't your tensioner housing up just as high as the alternator? Do you have clearance issues there? I was able to get the truck Alt/PS bracket you have under the hood with a BB. Took some adapter plates and it's tight but it fits.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Looking good mate:thumbsup: Is that "chrome" convoluted tubing split so you can get the harness in or do you have to feed it all the way through?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, that stuff is split like the stock stuff, but its better material, supposed to deal with the heat better. I saw summit carries it now. I foung mine on some bling site last year, just not getting to putting it back together

1 - 10 of 10 Posts