Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I have a brand new exaust system sitting on my garage floor. Its from midamerica. Manifolds all the way back. Should I put this system on the stock manifolds and be done with the exaust for good or should I sell this/trade it and try to get a used set of headers and have two piecies of piping to connect to each header to run true duals out the back? Is messing with the stock manifolds going to change the sound enough to make a difference? I want a mean sound. Tried differeent mufflers ect. Got that part good. I know the headers will give about 15 horsepower or so back to the motor but I want to know about the mean sound. Anyone know the sound difference between stock manifolds and long tube headers? If its not a big difference, then I will just put on this system and call it a day. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Ok. I have a brand new exaust system sitting on my garage floor. Its from midamerica. Manifolds all the way back. Should I put this system on the stock manifolds and be done with the exaust for good or should I sell this/trade it and try to get a used set of headers and have two piecies of piping to connect to each header to run true duals out the back? Is messing with the stock manifolds going to change the sound enough to make a difference? I want a mean sound. Tried differeent mufflers ect. Got that part good. I know the headers will give about 15 horsepower or so back to the motor but I want to know about the mean sound. Anyone know the sound difference between stock manifolds and long tube headers? If its not a big difference, then I will just put on this system and call it a day. Thanks guys.
i have a c5 and thats how we went we had the cat back first

then we went with the long tubes:devil:

it was a HUGE totally different meaner sound you definitely wont be disappointed with some LT's:cheers:

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

it was a HUGE totally different meaner sound you definitely wont be disappointed with some LT's:cheers:
Ill just sell these pipes and try to find some cheap used LTs.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you think of running straight long tubes. No exauast piping connected to it?:laughing: It will reosanate under the car. I bet that would sound loud. Possibly bad for the motor eh?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Just longtubes with no exhaust would be way to much. You would get tickets daily. Whatever you do DON'T buy "cheap" headers. You will run into fitment issues and quality issues. Save your money and get some good headers. Throw that system on for now and when you can afford it do some good longtubes.
Just my .02.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
:agree:

i went with the more expensive lg and had them ceramic coated and have had absolutely NO problems yet

and dont plan on any:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just longtubes with no exhaust would be way to much. You would get tickets daily. Whatever you do DON'T buy "cheap" headers. You will run into fitment issues and quality issues. Save your money and get some good headers. Throw that system on for now and when you can afford it do some good longtubes.
Just my .02.:thumbsup:
:laughing: By cheap, I think you mean Hedman headers. I know they suck. I like hookers. I was going to get whatever I get ceramic coated regardless. If it helps lower the underhood temps, its worth it! Lol. I think I might try just to see what it sounds like, straight LTs. Everyone would think I had a real monster under the hood then lol. I paid 275 for the system I got now. If I could get about 200 for it, does anyone know how much some decent hookers used could be had for? Check another forum or something. Ebay is outta the quiestion. To many tricks going on there.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What year Vette is it?.......

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Midamerica has a set of stainless long tubes for 900 dollars! DAMN. That is very expensive...

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Midamerica has a set of stainless long tubes for 900 dollars! DAMN. That is very expensive...
the ones i went with were 1600 PLUS ceramic coating:thud:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts