Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crazy: i put my BBK throttle body on the other day,let me go back in time a little. I installed the holly staelth ram 2 weeks back ,got it all soughted and running again.Impressive as i have had one before.Now i thought this time i will put a BBk throttle body on,nothing big just standard 52mm.well started her up and would'nt run and huge sucking noise's ,oops must have air leak.stripped it down found i shuold use the supplied screws not the old ones cos they too long and did'nt seal properly. put it back on ,started up and she runs but still lot of sucking noise. Tracked it down to the air filter box,man do these things suck more than a stock t.b. Really goes now, smooth and never ending revs .

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Any pics of that bad boy?

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I know what you mean.I was working on my '86 one time and I didn't tighten down the cold start injector.It sounded like a jet airplane engine.They do suck in alot of air.I would like to see some pics too.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey BAD ,yes i have posted some should be up as soon as they are ok'ed.more to follow.
Grumpy or anyone else who's good with engines,should i be running vacuum on the adjustable fuel reg. or not on the stealth ram? mainly cos i get less pressure reading with it on and it goes better with it disconnected. the instructions say yes but reading richard newtons 101 projects for your C4 he doe'snt run vacuum.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
raid how you going /I cut the hood mate ! read all the articles on modding the plenum and it's far more easier to cut a small hole in the bonnet (8" x8" )to be exact. now i am tossing to decide on which scoop to pic or leave it as is ,which doe'snt look that bad.will be posting some pics soon.I got to say tho just that small a hole has dropped my temps down 6 degrees.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I'd like to see the pics. I bought a Teledo pro hood for when I do my Stealth Ram. I have some other things to finish first but I'd like to hear your impressions of the intake when you get a minute.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raid the pics are up in the main gallery.I bought a 4" harwood outlaw cowl scoop and a small scoop of one of our local g.m. cars i will post pics to see what you guys think which way i should go.
As to what i think bout the stealthram ,apart from they dont fit under the hood,it's the only way to go(in my mind ) and the cheapest.I have had one on my previous 88 which got totaled in a freak accident,before i could sought problems out.This time i researched it more and set it up properly so i dont have the bugs i had on my last one.I have'nt put headers and twin pipes on yet,thats to come in the following weeks,but so far the performance is really kick in the pants concidering that all i have done is i
installed the stealthram and bbk throttle body.
I like the toledopro hoods but getting one out here to australia would kill my budget.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Looks great I love the black. Any pics of the hood cut.
The hood broke my budget here in the states.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The more I see/hear about the stealthram, the more I like it. I'm still considering running one, but the wiring to convert from crossfire to MPFI is a colossal pain. Maybe if enough guys have success with them I can be pressured into it...

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys ,was busy yesterday the club had a run to watch jetboats state finals.will take more pics today and post asap.Mudpile would'nt you be better of buying the whole system from holley that has the computer with it ?My mate in the club was going to get it cos it was a easy and what he could see more benificial setup than the stock computer but once again getting one here in oz was a killer .

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If I do a stealthram, it will be the one with the computer, no question. The problem I have is getting the gauges and all that to work with the new computer. Everything right now is based around crossfire injection, and not a MPFI setup. I may still do it, but I want to make sure it will function like a stocker (just faster).

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know much about the crossfire cars so did'nt know how it allworks.the rest of the pics are uploaded ,should be able to see soon.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
which scoop should i go with? if no pics hear see my photo's

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Nice job,i don't see the cut hood pics though...
I'm looking for a pic with the hood trimmed around the plenum,thats how i would leave it if it's not a daily driver..:partyon:

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
t.m. the other pics should be up soon ,yes it's not a daily car ,not sure what to do yet!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Cool,i've seen a c5 with the hood cut around the maggie,looked awesome..
I will be getting another TPI car next month,and a stealth ram will be on the list..I'm sick of working on the stock TPI set up,i've worked on a few already,the intake is a bia'tch..

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes i know i toyed with putting bigger tubes on or buying the ACCEL TPI but you 'r still limited in its rev range and the cost was still prohibited to get down under .where as the stealthram was the cheapest option and out performed all other injection setups as far as i am concerned.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
on my friends 91,we ported the snot out of the TPI,put the ASM runner,hot cam,and the set up pointless still.
I like the steath ram idea,any pics of the cut hood yet?

·
Registered
724 Posts
The serious sucking noise you here is normal after modifying your throttle body and or plenum. The motor is taking on more air. I sometimes think the hood is gonna suck into my air cleaner box.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts