Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 1980 and can't get the headlights to come up. is there a way to manually open them until i can get them repaired? btw the manual override under the steering wheel doesn't work either.

·
Registered
932 Posts
i got a 1980 and can't get the headlights to come up. is there a way to manually open them until i can get them repaired? btw the manual override under the steering wheel doesn't work either.
You can reach up under the front and push them up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can reach up under the front and push them up.

That's what I have to do, too.

You'll feel the mechanism under the bumper. push that up and then just grab the cover from the top and pull it the rest of the way up. They will stay up on there own.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yup, I used to have to reach under my front bumper and push the headlights up every time I needed them. Take the time to find out what's wrong with yours, It could be an easy fix like mine, but i didnt' realize how easy it was, and drove for 2 years with headlights that wouldn't raise up. As it turned out, just a seal kit for the actuators fixed mine. If you look under the bumper and notice the rubber boot on the actuators is torn, or suspect, replacing the seals would be the first thing i would do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts