Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls great forum.Bought an 84 this summerand plan on new paint this winter. Are there any good manuals other than the gm service manual for removing bumpers, lights,moldings,etc.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
Welcome to digitalcorvette and congrats on the new purchase. The manuals do give a lot of insight and the crew is always here to help. I used to live right up the road from you in Mansfield. Live out Wooster Road toward Mifflin Lake. Have fun cruising.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
There is a series made by Glas-Ra Products Corvette Body Repair Guide, one is in the review section that covers from the doors back.

I have used these and they helped a ton to take a part and put back together the body and doors.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Loggins1 said:
Id get the haynes manual.
For basically assembly/disassembly ... you can't go wrong. It's cheap too.

Anything more serious and I'd get the GM manuals.

Oh, glad to see you got logged in ok.

WELCOME!:buhbye:

·
Registered
382 Posts
For the body related stuff I'd stick with the GM service manuals. GM has the best electrical diagrams and related components. Haynes are good for general overhaul work. They tend to be generic in the body department.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
:agree: Definately go for the Helm Service Manual.

I know it's a bit on the high end as far as manuals go but it has exploded views of just about everything from front to back and in between. It has detailed sections for fiberglass repair, convertable and targa repair/alignment, how to find and fix wxstrip leaks and how to properly install it and much more.

There is one other option though. For the life of me I can't remember but there is a # you can call to get a free manual of some sort for your year. I don't remember what this packet was so maybe someone can chime in w/ the details or you can start another post asking. The last time I saw it was months ago on CF in the C5 general or tech section.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the gm manual I was just hoping there was something better.
Thanks for all the input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts