·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Some sweet stuff.

I had a chance to buy a 62 early in 03. A customer of mine was selling it. It had a rebuilt 327 that the numbers didn't match the rest of the car. I was all set to buy it, wife was ok with it and the price was ok. Then I tried to sit in it. Those cars are not built for some one 6'2" and 215lbs. I couldn't get the seatback any further to give me enough room for pedals and that old larger steering wheel to clear my legs. :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have experienced the same thing with the solid axle cars. I agree the problem is the large diameter steering wheel. Whenever I used to drive a friends '59, I would always hit my knee on the steering wheel when trying to push the clutch or brake pedals.

C2's on the other hand, have lots of leg room :thumbsup:

:D :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got to polish a 1958 Silver Blue FI this past summer. What the average person would call work was a THRILL to me.

This one along with a 1963 FI coupe were parked end to end at a show I chaired for my club in 2003.

This is probably the reason I bought my '63 FI coupe.

·
Registered
965 Posts
dang that baby blue sting ray is sweet !!

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
I haven't meet a Vette I didn't like!

:partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
113 Posts
B66vette said:
I haven't meet a Vette I didn't like!

:partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:
:agree: but actually before I joined here, I really didn't care too much for the C3 (no offence to C3 owners :lookinup: ) but the more I saw them, the more I started to like, then love them now every vette I see is as gorgous as the next :thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts