Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bit of a annoying problem with my 01 Z. The map lights on the mirrror dont work... when the doors are open, set or unset the alarm, or turn them on by hand. I also thought I pressed in the button to turn them off but that isnt it, all the other lights work,( foot wells,back cargo lights.)
I went through all the fuses and they are all good. Anyone have any input on what this might be? Everything worked normally 2 days ago.

Could both map lights go out at the same time? How do you get the bulbs out of the mirror? Does the plastic piece just pop out?

My temperature read out on the climate control last night said -37 degrees. I dis connected the battery for about 10 minutes and it changed to 69 degrees and has been there all day today and wont change. Any ideas? :thud:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Do your vanity mirrors have lights (that work)?
Otherwise, I'm not soo sure.

The outside air temperature indicator I believe needs to be replaced. I think 69 is a default code for the sensor going bad. The sensor is located on the passengers side of the intake shroud toward the bottom. The "bulb" sticks into the shroud and can be seen from under the car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do your vanity mirrors have lights (that work)?
Otherwise, I'm not soo sure.

The outside air temperature indicator I believe needs to be replaced. I think 69 is a default code for the sensor going bad. The sensor is located on the passengers side of the intake shroud toward the bottom. The "bulb" sticks into the shroud and can be seen from under the car.
Its not the vanity mirror, its the rearview mirror, The lights on the rearview mirror dont work anymore as well as the Auto dimming on the mirror.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having any luck with your problem?
No luck on the lights in the mirror or the auto dimming yet.

But I found this.

Can someone tell me what color wires go to the plug at the outside air temperature sensor? I found two tiny wires that come out of the wiring harness. One wire is green, the other is gray with a black stripe. I cant find the actual sensor. It looks like its missing completly along with the connector, the wires look like they were cut. There is also another set of wires right near the horns that have been cut. One of those is orange and the gray.

The green and gray set of wires come out right above the skid bar, right in front of the front facia. Which set of wires go to the plug that goes into the sensor?

Thanks.

Here are some pics of what Im talking about.
The first pic is the set of wires that run right up front to the front facia, the sensor and plug are missing.

This pic is the wiring that runs right near the horns.

This pic shows the wiring that runs right near the horns and where it conects into harness.

While I was looking at the harness it looks like the both set of wires( near the horns, and upfront by the front facia, come out of the same harness in the last pic.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The mirror is fixed, I checked fuse #2 and it was blown. 1 problem down and 1 to go.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Its not the vanity mirror, its the rearview mirror, The lights on the rearview mirror dont work anymore as well as the Auto dimming on the mirror.
The vanity mirror lights run off fuse #2 in the passengers footwell which is why I asked the above question.

I'm glad you found that was the problem and were able to get it fixed.

Best of luck on the temp sensor.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
The light green wire could/should have a black stripe. It and the gray with a black strip are the wires that go to the ambient air sensor. They go into a waterproof connector that plugs into the sensor. The green/black is the signal wire and the gray/black is the ground wire, The sensor is a variable resistor and isn't very big. It is held in place with a push in plug and the connector plugs into it. In the pic the lowermost cable that is pointing to the right is the harness. It looks like it doesn't go anywhere in the pic and plugs into nothing. That nothing is where the sensor is. It might be that the connector is still plugged into the sensor and something pulled the wires out. The sensor most be pointing inboard and the connector most be pointing outboard. Hope this helps

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I searched for about 30 minutes looking for the sensor and couldnt find squat. I will have to look again tomorrow, Its probably right in front of me and im just over looking it. The pic helps alot.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
That "nothing" is that actual size of the sensor. Not much bigger than the connector

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
Any luck on finding it?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
No it appears that the actual sensor and pigtail that connects to it are gone.
That could present a problem:laughing: If you found the hole where it goes, I guess it's time to hit the dealership's parts counter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts