Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
A few things can happen:

- When the sensor is bad the check engine light will come on

-A bad or failing mass air flow sensor can cause engine stalling due to a fluctuation in the fuel-air mixture entering the engine.

-You may experience poor acceleration most when the engine is initially started or when attempting to accelerate from a standstill.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few things can happen:

- When the sensor is bad the check engine light will come on

-A bad or failing mass air flow sensor can cause engine stalling due to a fluctuation in the fuel-air mixture entering the engine.

-You may experience poor acceleration most when the engine is initially started or when attempting to accelerate from a standstill.
Thanks, That sounds alot like the problems im having only no MAF code.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
A better post beginning might have listed the problem you're having. Does it run at all or does it die after a few seconds. What's happening? MAF's rarely go bad. More often they just get dirty. The wires inside the MAF can easily be cleaned with a can of electronic cleaner and some very gentle rubbing with a cotton swab. If you are into arm wrestling, let the wife do it. The wires can and will break if pushed on real hard. Just be gentle and you should be OK. Also you can unplug the MAF and the engine should default to speed density mode and "limp" with the engine running just OK.

If you still have an erratic idle with the MAF unplugged the problem may be a vacuum leak after the MAF or many other things.

Whatcha got??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lt14life,

I'm having the same sounding problems with my 93. Mine will run fine when cold. After 10 min of driving it don't want to idle stumbles and stalls. Keep my RPMs about 2000 it runs fine. I'm thinking the MAF also. Cleaning??? maybe. My question to others is can the MAF be by-passed or modified to never be a problem again? Any help will be great. Thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
205 Posts
No MAF on a '93
Is Speed Density which uses a MAP sensor
:smack That explains allot. I only have had the vette for 8 months. Stumbling prob started a few days ago. I couldn't find it so I thought maybe the previous owner removed it or something. Guess I need to post my own thread to seek my problem out. Just hoping for an easy fix. :spanked:

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
LT14Life, one of the symptoms is the urge to put a big block in your car.:laughing:
yeah that's a very contagious virus I caught, also,
Ive helped several guys get thru the cure, most of them have a huge semi permanent grin , and a low checking balance as a result.....once you've looked over the results its hard not to lust after your own personal version

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=151

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6

1 - 10 of 10 Posts