Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

couple of quick questions:

1. any preference between new or rebuilt master cylinder? im betting new is better.

2. any preference on manufacturer?

3. any preference on who to buy from, i.e., autozone and similar, online places like vb & p, muskegon?

thanks
doug

ps. installed all new ss brake lines, calipers, hoses, and brass blocks. brakes are nice, but not 100%. mc is rusty on the inside (ugh!), pedal slightly mushy, new fluid became cloudy after use yesterday. ill bench bleed the new mc.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
OK, IMO....you done about 1/2 the job, and what I would do to your car is same as mine....took me a while to get there, but....

go to Pirate Jack hotrod.com and order an aluminum master cylinder...I got one, and it fine.....

put it on a hydroboost brake booster from junkyard....and

prepare for your nose to hit the steering wheel, as your shark will stand on it's nose....serious....for the very first time....

wonderful set of brakes for performance street use, and Chris/69myway has had HB on the track, and it works well there too....with his BB too boot,

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Rust inside is bad. I use the new MC Muskegon sells and they are fine. Bench bleed it and be sure the runout is under .003"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

ill call muskegon today and get the new one. they've got the best price. the ss brake lines i got from them were fine, too.

·
Registered
959 Posts
there is usually a ton of brand new power brake masters on ebay at a decent price.....
redvetracr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts