Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing the fuel regulator and injectors and before installing the plenium I tested the MAT sensor on the belly and it tested to be good. I installed the plenium and noticed the end of the MAT sensor harness was not plugged in. The end was wrapped with electrical tape. I unwrapped it to expose a pristine looking plug. So my questions are, when I looked for an empty place in which to plug this in, I could find any? Why do think this was eliminated? Do you think the receiver for this plug had slid down further next to the transmission and need to dig for it? The car runs perfect and I do not have any codes? :huh:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yes you should plug it back up because the computer uses it to help adjust air fuel mixture. The plug is in the wiring harness on the passenger side, rear of the engine around the distributor. But, while you have it out, If you would plug the port off in the bottom of the plenum with a screw in plug, drill a hole in your plastic air cleaner housing to screw the sensor into, and extend the wires to it from the plug that you need to find in the harness, the car will perform better, and you will pick up a horse or two, plus a couple MPG. That sensor measues the temp of the air entering the plenum, and where it is located now, the sensor gets alot of heat from the engine, and causes false readings and the motor thinks the air is hotter than it really is. So in turn the computer thinks it needs less fuel(which we all know that an engine needs less fuel to run in hot air than cold because it vaporizes easier) and it starts leaning things out. A lot of times too far. If you move it to the plastic air cleaner housing, it will be able to accurately measure the temp of the air coming in, without the sensor heating up from being screwed into metal on top of a hot engine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks driley.
Actually that answers another question I had. I currently have a senser professionally stuck into the side of the plastic air intake. It is in the area where it becomes narrow but before the flex. I say professional because it looks like it should be there but I could not find it on any diagrams. The sensor is positioned on the passenger side of the intake. I guess I need to re-wrap the plug and forget about until I remove the intake again and at that time I will remove it and install a plug as recommended. Thanks :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts