Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
It's called *vigilance* or *policing their own*... an unknown concept amongst conservatives, especially todays right-wing who need adult supervision more than anything else ...

:buhbye:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's called *vigilance* or *policing their own*... an unknown concept amongst conservatives, especially todays right-wing who need adult supervision more than anything else ...

So, when does their "policing their own" get the swamp drained? :laughing:

I am still amazed that Matthews could say that, you know he was coached because he is too stupid to figure it out on his own..

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
So, when does their "policing their own" get the swamp drained? :laughing:

I am still amazed that Matthews could say that ...

... you know he was coached because he is too stupid to figure it out on his own..
Yet you quoted him ... lemme guess ... because it suits your parallel universe parallel to the right-wing parallel universe ...

:laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yet you quoted him ... lemme guess ... because it suits your parallel universe parallel to the right-wing parallel universe ...

:laughing:
I quoted him, because now all the idiots are starting to figure out that this guy they elected, is dumber than a box of rocks. I find it quite funny, that an idiot like Matthews has to school the "intellectual".. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
If Matthews can "school" Barry, who does that make more stupid? :lookinup:

All boy wonder has done in his career is get schooled and it apears he still needs some learn'n :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I guess I'll pat myself on the back for having made this point many times. Tax cuts are not a "gift" to anyone. They are keeping THEIR OWN FREAKING MONEY! I realize this is such a foreign concept to libs that it will never be understood. But normal people understand very well. :nuts:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
I guess I'll pat myself on the back for having made this point many times. Tax cuts are not a "gift" to anyone. They are keeping THEIR OWN FREAKING MONEY! I realize this is such a foreign concept to libs that it will never be understood. But normal people understand very well. :nuts:
You are absolutly correct in that taxes are our own money. But then again the government is also ours. Isn't it? It doesn't belong to France or Germany or even China. It is ours. It is a government of the people by the people and for the people. We don't have a King that we have to pay tribute to. We don't have a dictator that takes our money for his own enrichment. Our taxes go to run our country, the country that we all own. We even get to vote for how our country will be run. But if you don't like the way the vote went you don't get to say hey I don't want this government anymore, without leaving the country. You cannot say the rules have to change now because your side lost. And that is the real problem with how the right is acting today. They lost an election and claim that they lost thier country...but they haven't lost anything ecxept the right to run the country the way they wanted it run. It is still thier country just as it was still the lefts country when they lost power and still will be if they lose it again.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
But if you don't like the way the vote went you don't get to say hey I don't want this government anymore, without leaving the country.

Nope. There is another alternative ....wait until the next election and try again. I'm not asking for NO taxes. I'm asking for frugal government to be good stewards of taxes at the level I pay right now. I don't think that's asking too much.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Nope. There is another alternative ....wait until the next election and try again. I'm not asking for NO taxes. I'm asking for frugal government to be good stewards of taxes at the level I pay right now. I don't think that's asking too much.
I always like recommending this one to my conservative bretheren ...

Pack it up and move to Iraq ... you payed for it ... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
I completely agree with you about the other alternative, and I tried to point that out by saying that the government continues to be ours even when our side loses an election.

I also agree completely with you about wanting a frugal government, but who is that frugal government??? It used to be the Republicans but then they got us into two wars and cut the taxes to pay for them, thus borrowing the money and making us have to pay interest on top of the costs of the war. Does that sound frugal to you??

While you may indeed be an honest and partiotic citizen willing to pay his fair share, too many so called patriots want the government to be starved to death so that they can run things like their own little kingdoms. Our government is there to insure that we all share this great country. Why do we need to starve that to death, unless you want this country all for yourself?

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
:agree:
And believe that about sums it up for about 70% of the US right now.

The majority of the country voted for Obama because he promised change. One of his BIG campaign PROMISES was to cut spending. Remember the debates with McCain where he stated he would use hatchet and a scalpel to cut waste and spending. Then he would become the most transparent administration to date by using the internet so the AMerican people could watch the cutting of spending as an ongong endeavor.

A lot of people bought into this, got the reverse, realized they were lied to, and are pretty angry about it.

The change they vote for, less taxes, less spending, transparency, etc. has turned into, higher taxes, out of limits spending, secrecy, spin, and outright lies. Most Americans that voted for Obama want their vote back, and they will wield it that way in November. In spite of what the media tells them they should do.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
:agree:

A lot of people bought into this, got the reverse, realized they were lied to, and are pretty angry about it.

The change they vote for, less taxes, less spending, transparency, etc. ...

... has turned into, higher taxes ...

out of limits spending, secrecy, spin, and outright lies. Most Americans that voted for Obama want their vote back, and they will wield it that way in November.

In spite of what the media tells them they should do.

The exotix wishes for you to back up the bolded with proof ... you may use the existing Bush Tax Cuts within your proof(s) ...

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
You are absolutly correct in that taxes are our own money. But then again the government is also ours. Isn't it? It doesn't belong to France or Germany or even China. It is ours. It is a government of the people by the people and for the people. We don't have a King that we have to pay tribute to. We don't have a dictator that takes our money for his own enrichment. Our taxes go to run our country, the country that we all own. We even get to vote for how our country will be run. But if you don't like the way the vote went you don't get to say hey I don't want this government anymore, without leaving the country. You cannot say the rules have to change now because your side lost. And that is the real problem with how the right is acting today. They lost an election and claim that they lost thier country...but they haven't lost anything ecxept the right to run the country the way they wanted it run. It is still thier country just as it was still the lefts country when they lost power and still will be if they lose it again.
You won't find me defending the Pubs total misuse of their power from 1994 to 2006. They blew it big time. If you read the constitution, it is crystal clear that government was supposed to be narrowly focused and limited. Where are the limits? Government can take whatever it wants and use it almost any way it wants. I'm not an official Tea Partier, but I support their movement to rein in a government that believes it has more responsibility and power than it should have.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You won't find me defending the Pubs total misuse of their power from 1994 to 2006. They blew it big time. If you read the constitution, it is crystal clear that government was supposed to be narrowly focused and limited. Where are the limits? Government can take whatever it wants and use it almost any way it wants. I'm not an official Tea Partier, but I support their movement to rein in a government that believes it has more responsibility and power than it should have.
:agree: Starve the beast back down to it's constitutional limits.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
:agree: Starve the beast back down to it's constitutional limits.
Glad to see you come clean on your wishes for this country. Just one question....Who pays for the starvation debt??? Does the US just default on our debt, causing a global depresion the likes of which the world has never seen? Or are the good guys gonna ride in and save us some how???

This is the ignorance of the Starve the beast plan. Glad you chose to play.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Glad to see you come clean on your wishes for this country. Just one question....Who pays for the starvation debt??? Does the US just default on our debt, causing a global depresion the likes of which the world has never seen? Or are the good guys gonna ride in and save us some how???

It doesn't really matter if the starvation diet comes from taxing too little or too much. The fact is, this government WILL be on a starvation diet sooner or later. There isn't enough income to tax to pay for the programs promised at any rate.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

This from the guy who believes that Rush, Hannity and Beck never questioned Bush.:rolling::smack

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad to see you come clean on your wishes for this country.
Come clean? :laughing: I have never said anything but starve the feds back to the constitution. :crazy:

Just one question....Who pays for the starvation debt??? Does the US just default on our debt, causing a global depresion the likes of which the world has never seen? Or are the good guys gonna ride in and save us some how???
Who pays for the $13 trillion already there? Or should we just keep racking up debt until the dollar is equal to the peso? If you run your business, like you advocate running the country.. your ****ed, are you not? :huh:

You haven't shown any ignorance on my part.. either we:

A: Starve them back to the constitution
B: Keep borrowing and spending until it don't matter anymore.

I think my plan is the one that is smart, and yours is the ignorant one because I can put my plan into action in my business and grow, and your plan would sink your business.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts