Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if there is a correlation between these or not - - I have a FAST intake and it makes more power but I get what feels like a lean miss at about 6100- - - hmm! Added 2% more fuel from 5800 and up to no avail. I "think" i experienced this once when the ram air filter was dirty and I think cleaning it fixed this situation.

Gets more interesting, took the screen off of the MAF and now will have to either buy the MAF or try to buy the screen as there is a secondary problem. It seems that when ever I get to not quite 6200 I get this 'miss' and I am clueless as to what it is: clueless. Perhaps a wideband will show the culprit and perhaps the HP data logger will = = this I know, if it does not go away a stock intake is going back on the system.

When this 'miss' occurs my 'airbag light' come on. If I turn it off and back on the airbag light goes away!!

Any ideas? I am stumped on this one.... :crazy:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I will probably add to this confusion rather than help but, here is what I have gathered.

Lingenfelter is no longer installing the FAST because leaks have shown up in many installs at high RPMs. The incidence of leaks is much higher with Ported Fasts.

Lingenfelter also advises their customers to not remove the screen from the C6 MAF. The theory is, the screen smooths airflow and removing the screen introduces turbulance right in front of the TB. LPE does not advise using the LPE 100mm MAF on a stock 366 motor. I will look and see if I still have my OEM MAF. If I do you can have it. I will look this weekend.

FYI, I thought I had a leak in my FAST @6000rpm+ but cleaning the filter and some tuning tweaks made it go away.

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put in colder plugs and miss is gone in second gear and up - - the stock plugs looked good color wise and no signs of 'nasties' either.

The NGK TR6 plugs (#4177) really helped a lot, must be the lean mixture and more timing.

First gear still is not right, feels it is almost burbly or just not smooth from about 6200 where I usually shift so it must start around 6-6100.

Will make some changes when Jeremy is here in April . .

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cured!!

The problem was the MAP sensor: no bushing. Got a new sensor and an extra bushing just in case. Anyway the miss is now gone.

Seems that it can make the car run lean - - and it sounded like a lean miss or a plug miss and I KNEW it was not the plugs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
the tr6 is a nitrous plug. i dont know y he went to a tr6.?. if he went back to a tr55 he might get a little better hp and the car will run a little better.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is that it needs the MAF patch programmed into the ECU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts