1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHORT NOTICE! FIRST MEET!

When: Friday Night- May 5th 2006

Time: 6:00 - 8:00

Where: We'll meet in the Chase Bank parking lot ( 6400 Grand Ave - Gurnee, IL 60031 ) directly across the mall road from the Rock and Roll McDonalds. The Rock and Roll McDonalds only allows parking on Friday nights for pre-70's muscle cars and rods.

What to bring: A lawn chair!

Directions: Take 94 NORTH, exit 132 WEST, take 132W for one mile, bank is on the right (north) side of the street, directly across the street from Menards. Located in the NE quadrant of 132 and Hunt Club Road.

This is by no means the chosen location for future gatherings, but once we get some folks together maybe we can come up with a better spot for future meets that makes everyone happy. But, if we like the place, I'll talk to the bank manager and get approval. I have all my biz accts there, so maybe I've earned some pull.

Sorry about the short notice, but get those Vettes ready! See you there and bring a lawn chair!:thumbsup: :D

MAP

WHAT I'll BE IN...

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Friday nights suck for me:thud: Let us know when you can do a Saturday get together:thumbsup:
Have fun:cheers:

·
Registered
36 Posts
If im not working, Ill be there. My Vetts not pretty by any means, but it will be cool to come hang out with the other Vetts.

PS How do you fit a lawn chair in C3??

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dogbyte said:
If im not working, Ill be there. My Vetts not pretty by any means, but it will be cool to come hang out with the other Vetts.

PS How do you fit a lawn chair in C3??

Get one of the portable chairs (Walmart, Sams, Bass Pro) that folds up into a tube for storage.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ragvette said:
I'll try to make it :huh:

Maybe I'll bring the older brother to your Z06. The vert hasn't been feeling well lately since losing a bunk mate. :laughing:
It'd be great to see ya bro.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
and look at me stuck in Bahrain....damnit....hope that you all have fun and post a few pics for me. I have only seen 4 vettes since i have been over here. 3 C-4's and a new Z06....

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THAT WAS FUN!

Even though I gave you guys less than 24 hours notice, and it was 45 degrees and dreary, we still had 6 Vettes turn out!

Sure, it wasn't wise to drink beer in the parking lot of a bank. :laughing: But thank god the customer tipped us off that the police had been called and were on the way. Gave us enough time to split!:partyon:

I'll talk to some places/businesses and get some options for a permanent gathering place.

Check this thread for updates, and for next weeks meet spot!:partyon:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Patrick said:
THAT WAS FUN!

Even though I gave you guys less than 24 hours notice, and it was 45 degrees and dreary, we still had 6 Vettes turn out!

Sure, it wasn't wise to drink beer in the parking lot of a bank. :laughing: But thank god the customer tipped us off that the police had been called and were on the way. Gave us enough time to split!:partyon:

I'll talk to some places/businesses and get some options for a permanent gathering place.

Patrick,

Sounds like you had some fun at least!

I just caught this post this morning.
Was in NYC for a few days.

If there is a cruise night at Culver's in Libertyville this year on Friday nights, that may be a more friendly place to meet.
Lot's more room than Gurnee McDonald's and better food too!
Heck, they even encourage bunouts when you leave!

Matt383

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Matt383 said:
Patrick,

Sounds like you had some fun at least!

I just caught this post this morning.
Was in NYC for a few days.

If there is a cruise night at Culver's in Libertyville this year on Friday nights, that may be a more friendly place to meet.
Lot's more room than Gurnee McDonald's and better food too!
Heck, they even encourage bunouts when you leave!

Matt383
I sent you a heads up on the meet via e-mail to your 5th media account and it bounced back. Shoot an e-mail to [email protected] and let me know your new email. ;)

And... where is there a Culvers in Libertyville?

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Patrick said:
THAT WAS FUN!

Hey...an idea for you...(since I didn't find this notice until THIS morning almost 24 hours later) How about we (those in the area that may be able to make it) send you our email addys and you email us this stuff as you post it? I sat at home last night surfed the site, read your pm's and fell asleep on the floor at 9:30.
I would have loved to use my car, dirty or not, and headed up to meet.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stilcrazee said:
Hey...an idea for you...(since I didn't find this notice until THIS morning almost 24 hours later) How about we (those in the area that may be able to make it) send you our email addys and you email us this stuff as you post it? I sat at home last night surfed the site, read your pm's and fell asleep on the floor at 9:30.
I would have loved to use my car, dirty or not, and headed up to meet.
Damn! I wish you had known. :bang

Collecting e-mails addrs is a great idea! Either way we'll be meeting next week some time, and I'll update this thread as soon as I get it nailed down.:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry I couldnt make it, what should have been a 6 hour work day, turned into a 12 hour work day. Keep me posted, ill make it eventually.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dogbyte said:
Sorry I couldnt make it, what should have been a 6 hour work day, turned into a 12 hour work day. Keep me posted, ill make it eventually.
Hope so.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Patrick said:
I sent you a heads up on the meet via e-mail to your 5th media account and it bounced back. Shoot an e-mail to [email protected] and let me know your new email. ;)

And... where is there a Culvers in Libertyville?
Just sent you n email.

Culver's is on Rt. 176 west of I 94

Cross street from Liberty Auto City ( Chrysler, Mazda, subaru, Jeep)

Matt383

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Matt383 said:
Just sent you n email.

Culver's is on Rt. 176 west of I 94

Cross street from Liberty Auto City ( Chrysler, Mazda, subaru, Jeep)

Matt383
No kidding? Damn, I haven't been down that stretch of 176 in a long time. Didn't know they built one there.

Is it a hoppin place? I got a Culvers here in Gurnee and it's just a bunch of retired people or moms taking their kids there for chicken fingers. :laughing:

Maybe I'll take a drive by there tonight.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.