Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, being that it's been a while since we offered a Group Purchase on this product, we'll do so from now thru June 30th 2007.

Total Price like last GP will be $300.00 Shipped within the continental U.S. We'll even cover the tax for CA residence so that the total cost is $300.00 for everybody.

You can place your orders now, but the first shipment won't go out until Friday 5/18/07.

Installation instructions can be found on our web site at: http://www.corvette-enhancements.com/facia_install.php

Payment can be sent by PayPal to the address below, or phoned in during business hours to use your Visa or Master Card.
Thank you,
Richard

[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Man, those look good!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I heard some guys are having problems with overlay staying stuck on where it curves underneath the bumper cover. Is this an installation error?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard some guys are having problems with overlay staying stuck on where it curves underneath the bumper cover. Is this an installation error?
So far successful installations have been better than what we expected. At this point we're getting reports from approximately 5% of customers that did need to take extra measures with their installation. Also at this point, we haven't had a single case of a unit that could not be successfully installed. Some just require a bit more effort. We're also offering these kits to anyone having difficulties:

Our mold was formed by using a new OEM mounted rear fascia for measurements. Being that the body panels and their mounting on our C5's are not precision, we have found that no two rear fascias and their mounting are exactly alike. Aging, weathering and heat exposure has also taken it's toll in slight to extreme alteration of our fascias original shape. Therefore our overlay could not be formed to make an exact molded fit on all C5's. However, regardless of whether it’s an exact flush fit or not, the ABS plastic is flexible enough to further form to your existing fascia. However if the double-sided foam tape is not a strong enough bond to stay in place in a problem area, please contact us and we'll send you rubber cement and an injection tool to assist with further bonding.

We have fitted this product on several C5's and found it to fit even those with warped vent louvers. If you have severely warped vent louvers, this would probably be the best time to correct them with the bumper reinforcements available from the various supporting vendors. If for any reason you find that this product cannot be fitted to your satisfaction, your purchase price will be refunded, providing that you notify us within 10-days of receipt.

Thank you,
Richard

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
if anyone is on the fence here, go for it. I know first hand that Richard takes care of his customers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I bought this overlay during the GP that was offered around Christmas this past year (06). I very meticulously followed the installation instructions. I spent ALOT of time carefully cleaning the whole back of the car, even on the inner side of the rear bumper anywhere that I expected the temporary tape to wrap around. When I used the soap solution to apply (preventing immediate sticking of the double sided tape), it took a while to get the whole thing attached and taped. I used alot more tape than the instructions called for - ALL the way around the edge, around the entire length of every louver, etc. I left it overnight and removed the tape the next day. After driving to work and back, I noticed that the edges of the overlay were not sticking tightly to the car and some areas of the double sided tape had let go of the car allowing the overlay to splay out about 1/8". I pushed everything back tight and retaped those areas and ALMOST called Richard to ask what I should do. By the next day, I removed the taped areas and pressed very hard around the edges and the double sided tape finally had adhered well. No problems since. Still fits nice and tight all the way around the edge. I guess to be complete I should also mention that on mine, the curved area that goes above the tailpipes does not quite fit tight against the car in all areas. But I can only tell that by feel. Visually it looks great and feels good and tight - I think it would take a good deal of effort to pull it off - I certainly am not concerned about it falling off by itself. If I had to install it over again, I don't know whether I would use the soap solution again or not - I might just take a deep breath, take careful aim (because you only get one shot or you need new tape) and just go for it - just to avoid the possibility of the stickiness of the tape being affected by the soap solution. This item is merely for cosmetics. I absolutely love it. The day before yesterday, my wife told me that she had seen another C5 on the highway that looked just like mine, but didn't have the rear exhaust facia overlay on the back and it looked "plain and blah". This thing totally changes the appearance of my car - I think it gives it a much more aggressive stance and now when I'm behind other C5s, their backside just looks enormous to me. This was one of the more expensive things I've put on my C5, but I would definitely do it again. Kudos to Richard for a fantastic product. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts