Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The liberal group Media Matters has quietly transformed itself in preparation for what its founder, David Brock, described in an interview as an all-out campaign of “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” aimed at the Fox News Channel.

The group, launched as a more traditional media critic, has all but abandoned its monitoring of newspapers and other television networks and is narrowing its focus to Fox and a handful of conservative websites, which its leaders view as political organizations and the “nerve center” of the conservative movement. The shift reflects the centrality of the cable channel to the contemporary conservative movement, as well as the loathing it inspires among liberals — not least among the donors who fund Media Matters’ staff of about 90, who are arrayed in neat rows in a giant war room above Massachusetts Avenue.

“The strategy that we had had toward Fox was basically a strategy of containment,” said Brock, Media Matters’ chairman and founder and a former conservative journalist, adding that the group’s main aim had been to challenge the factual claims of the channel and to attempt to prevent them from reaching the mainstream media.

The new strategy, he said, is a “war on Fox.”

In an interview and a 2010 planning memo shared with POLITICO, Brock listed the fronts on which Media Matters — which he said is operating on a $10 million-plus annual budget — is working to chip away at Fox and its parent company, News Corp. They include its bread-and-butter distribution of embarrassing clips and attempts to rebut Fox points, as well as a series of under-the-radar tactics.

Media Matters, Brock said, is assembling opposition research files not only on Fox’s top executives but on a series of midlevel officials. It has hired an activist who has led a successful campaign to press advertisers to avoid Glenn Beck’s show. The group is assembling a legal team to help people who have clashed with Fox to file lawsuits for defamation, invasion of privacy or other causes. And it has hired two experienced reporters, Joe Strupp and Alexander Zaitchik, to dig into Fox’s operation to help assemble a book on the network, due out in 2012 from Vintage/Anchor. (In the interest of full disclosure, Media Matters last month also issued a report criticizing “Fox and Friends” co-host Steve Doocy’s criticism of this reporter’s blog.)

Brock said Media Matters also plans to run a broad campaign against Fox’s parent company, News Corp., an effort which most likely will involve opening a United Kingdom arm in London to attack the company’s interests there. The group hired an executive from MoveOn.org to work on developing campaigns among News Corp. shareholders and also is looking for ways to turn regulators in the U.S., U.K., and elsewhere against the network.

The group will “focus on [News Corp. CEO Rupert] Murdoch and trying to disrupt his commercial interests — whether that be here or looking at what’s going on in London right now,” Brock said, referring to News Corp.’s — apparently successful — move to take a majority stake in the satellite broadcaster BSkyB.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51949.html#ixzz1HqpZiFWD

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
why does this not surprise me? oh yea....

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Well...Faux News does give them a lot of material to work with.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
If they were to get feminist groups, womens rights groups, anti sexism groups, educators, religious groups ect together....Fox would be decimated in weeks.

The only thing that can bring down Fox and it's pontified swimsuit models, is other women themselves.

Problem is,
Modern intelligent women today are confronted with needing to choose between what they think is right and moral, and what brings home the bacon, or gives them an edge as a gender group.

There's basicly two groups of women looking at politics right now.

One group that is happy to be gender empowered with new control and direction,....
And one group that is happy to be gender empowered with new control and direction, but unhappy that sexism is the factor used to achieve the end results.

Now that the GOP are attacking the middle class and raising taxes, while removing pro choice, defunding planned parenthood, attacking minorities while under the guise of religion.....

...That might change in time.

I already know plenty of pub voters that have stepped back and admitted they were dupped and are pissed off.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's worse, your objectifying women, or Fox's offering women higher placement for being pretty as well as smart?

Everytime someone on the left calls a high profile republican woman a ****, none of you yankers speak up, the media ignores it or downplays it. Fox reports it.

Your a hypocrite on this issue as well as media matters / msnbc / NOW / etc.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
What's worse, your objectifying women, or Fox's offering women higher placement for being pretty as well as smart?
Well, I would first say that my objectifying women is an appreciation for beauty.

For me to sexualize them would be wrong except for the fact that they also sexualize themselves to sell themselves in our society.
Neither I nor they cannot change that.
It's both a choice on both ends.

The problem begins when you use sexualization to sell politics.
Just as a man attaches a visual value to women to marry, or women attach a financial value to men to marry.
Or a mosque at ground zero.

There's enough corruption in politics already.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Your a hypocrite on this issue as well as media matters / msnbc / NOW / etc.
Me?
No.

Media Matters, MSNBC?

Yes they are.
Other than using sexism, they are the same.
They all use slants to suit their tastes and audiences.

Media Matters is no less an attacker than the tea party upon the dems, nor any other organization for either side.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Modern intelligent women today might be able to make choices for themselves and watch Fox over the others because they trust them more to give real balanced news. Who am I to say that's wrong?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Well...Faux News does give them a lot of material to work with.
Come on. Pick a channel, any channel. If you hire 90 people and spend $10M a year, don't you suppose you could root out all kinds of faux pas and errors and make them look bad? I find it laughable that the left has such vitriol for the one major voice of the right. They were all too happy to live with every single major news outlet being clearly slanted to the left for over 50 years. That one voice from the right should be drowned out by the overwhelming leftward slant of the rest of the spectrum. But it turns out people don't like having a monolithic news industry. They like having varied views of the news. I don't get upset by things like this Media Matters effort. I say knock yourself out. No one but the extreme left will care anything about what they come up with.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Come on. Pick a channel, any channel. If you hire 90 people and spend $10M a year, don't you suppose you could root out all kinds of faux pas and errors and make them look bad? I find it laughable that the left has such vitriol for the one major voice of the right. They were all too happy to live with every single major news outlet being clearly slanted to the left for over 50 years. That one voice from the right should be drowned out by the overwhelming leftward slant of the rest of the spectrum. But it turns out people don't like having a monolithic news industry. They like having varied views of the news. I don't get upset by things like this Media Matters effort. I say knock yourself out. No one but the extreme left will care anything about what they come up with.
:agree:
Let them waste $10 million of the left's (George Soros's) money. How does this fit in with 'The Fairness Doctrine? :rolling: Also, 'successful campaign' against Glen Beck? :laughing:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
How in the HELL does Media Matters keep their 501c(3) status as a "charitable organization"? Such organizations are expressly forbidden BY LAW from partisan political activities.

But once again, liberals don't believe that laws apply to them.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How in the HELL does Media Matters keep their 501c(3) status as a "charitable organization"? Such organizations are expressly forbidden BY LAW from partisan political activities.

But once again, liberals don't believe that laws apply to them.
Same way Acorn, NPR, Etc. Etc. all continue on.. using taxpayer money to push their left wing agenda.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
If they were to get feminist groups, womens rights groups, anti sexism groups, educators, religious groups ect together....Fox would be decimated in weeks.

The only thing that can bring down Fox and it's pontified swimsuit models, is other women themselves.

Problem is,
Modern intelligent women today are confronted with needing to choose between what they think is right and moral, and what brings home the bacon, or gives them an edge as a gender group.

There's basicly two groups of women looking at politics right now.

One group that is happy to be gender empowered with new control and direction,....
And one group that is happy to be gender empowered with new control and direction, but unhappy that sexism is the factor used to achieve the end results.

Now that the GOP are attacking the middle class and raising taxes, while removing pro choice, defunding planned parenthood, attacking minorities while under the guise of religion.....

...That might change in time.

I already know plenty of pub voters that have stepped back and admitted they were dupped and are pissed off.

Wow, man. That is the biggest pile of self righteous, hot garbage that you have posted on the subject of women, to date. Each and every one of those women are far more accredited (and intelligent) then you are. But, because they are attractive, your ideology groups them with other attractive women that are far less intelligent. As though their physical attributes alone... should dictate their intelligence. If they step out of those bounds... they are nothing more then gold digging piranhas... being used by white republican religious types ? You label blacks the same way, in that if they do not believe and act as they ought to, according to your ideological understanding of their place in life... they are race traders... uncle Toms... etc.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Wow, man. That is the biggest pile of self righteous, hot garbage that you have posted on the subject of women, to date. Each and every one of those women are far more accredited (and intelligent) then you are. But, because they are attractive, your ideology groups them with other attractive women that are far less intelligent. As though their physical attributes alone... should dictate their intelligence. If they step out of those bounds... they are nothing more then gold digging piranhas... being used by white republican religious types ? You label blacks the same way, in that if they do not believe and act as they ought to, according to your ideological understanding of their place in life... they are race traders... uncle Toms... etc.
There's nothing sexier than an intelligent woman. No wonder Fox women are so damn HOT! :hump:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts

As I discuss women, I Discuss the implement, tool, device, or factor...in a marketing process that uses them for a means and goal.
Women are not the problem.

Using sexism to sell a political attack or agenda IS.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts