Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meg & Carley spent over 165 million to buy the election and LOST. Seems Ca. is not for sale as so many thought. While I freely admit that Jerry Brown isn't the second coming.he's a whole lot better than the bopsie twins. :nuts:

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
You DO know that Megan and Carly were running in DIFFERENT elections, so the total amount that they spent wasn't to buy THE election.

I'm assuming that if either one had won their election, then you'd be on here complaining that they bought it?

Figures.

If you bother to do the research, it isn't hard to discover that in general, elections don't always go to the candidate that spends the most. Generally, you can conclude that you really can't buy an election in the US - as much as the 'conventional wisdom' would like to pretend, anyway.

Steven

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You DO know that Megan and Carly were running in DIFFERENT elections, so the total amount that they spent wasn't to buy THE election.

I'm assuming that if either one had won their election, then you'd be on here complaining that they bought it?

Figures.

If you bother to do the research, it isn't hard to discover that in general, elections don't always go to the candidate that spends the most. Generally, you can conclude that you really can't buy an election in the US - as much as the 'conventional wisdom' would like to pretend, anyway.

Steven
Your so right,but as we've seen they spent a boatload of money to get elected. Yes they were in different elections but the attempt was to buy the election. In the end they lost. I just hope that Jerry lives up to his promise,to fix calif.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Meg & Carley spent over 165 million to buy the election and LOST. Seems Ca. is not for sale as so many thought. While I freely admit that Jerry Brown isn't the second coming.he's a whole lot better than the bopsie twins. :nuts:
While that victory certainly is something for Californians to cheer about, the fact that Congressional Democrats and their outside groups outspent Congressional Republicans and their outside groups $856+ million to $677+ million and still received the ass whipping they did should not leave anyone on your side very happy.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
While that victory certainly is something for Californians to cheer about, the fact that Congressional Democrats and their outside groups outspent Congressional Republicans and their outside groups $856+ million to $677+ million and still received the ass whipping they did should not leave anyone on your side very happy.
Sexism sells

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Your so right,but as we've seen they spent a boatload of money to get elected. Yes they were in different elections but the attempt was to buy the election. In the end they lost. I just hope that Jerry lives up to his promise,to fix calif.
Maybe we can add up all the money spent to buy votes by all the different Dims that lost???? :rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I believe that's whey he started this bitter thread. ;)

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
At least they used money, most of it their own, and not human sacrifices like Allred for Brown.

We've discussed this before and you are entitled to your position, especially as it pertains to the state where you live. However, since you've voted for 'more of the same', you get what you 'pay for'. When California goes into default due to mismanagement, wasteful spending on dubious social programs, and over-regulation, don't expect the rest of the country to be so responsive to bail your state out.

You can fix ignorance, but you can't fix stupid.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Sexism sells
You really need to come up with a new battle cry. Here's a link to MSNBC/NBC female anchors, there are 40 all together and by my estimate more than half are very attractive. The ratings of MSNBC are in the shitter, so to claim that sexism sells is incorrect and in your case, as usual, a claim made when you have nothing else to contribute.

http://www.gogomag.com/talkingheads/msnbc_f_1.php

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
You really need to come up with a new battle cry. Here's a link to MSNBC/NBC female anchors, there are 40 all together and by my estimate more than half are very attractive. The ratings of MSNBC are in the shitter, so to claim that sexism sells is incorrect and in your case, as usual, a claim made when you have nothing else to contribute.

Dune just can't get past the nipples on a female reporter and can't get past the skin color on all the rest.. :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Dune just can't get past the nipples on a female reporter and can't get past the skin color on all the rest.. :laughing:
:laughing:
Perhaps it's the combination that pokes his eye? :laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
CA unions spent 80 to 100 million to defeat them... this was in addition to what each of their opposing candidates spent. The spending was near the same when you factor in the donors.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts

Ouch!! that will leave a mark :smack

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
All of you outside of California just make sure your representatives don't bail us out when we come asking.

Cut bait and don't look back, if we're stupid enough to vote in the same **** for brains we deserve what we get.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ponch, no question, but as I look as bad as it was it could have been a damn site worse. If the money both parties was put toward job training or some other worth wild useage it would be nice. I know that's a pipe dream. It's a sad state when we're in bad a shape as we are but all the money spent it just so sad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts